News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lord Warlock

Started by cdr, July 03, 2016, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

He will surely be missed!

I am so sorry for you loss and my condolences to you and your family!

6spd68

My deepest condolences for your loss.  Although I didn't have much conversation with your farther; he was always pleasant and informative.  May his memory live in your heart forever.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

69bronzeT5

Awwww man, my condolences.  :'( :angel:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

sdweatherman

So sorry to hear that LW is gone.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

ws23rt

You are missed Lord Warlock  RIP

mightywing7

Rest in peace, Lord Warlock.  You will me missed.......
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

Charger_Fan

Awww crap, that's sad news. :'( 

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kokxville

Sad to hear this.R.I.P. Lord Warlock.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

PlainfieldCharger

Read so many of your posts I feel as if I known you Lord Warlock. Thanks for being a part of my life. RIP

VegasCharger

R.I.P. Lord Warlock, you will be missed in our community here on DC.com.

:(

Cncguy

Never met him. My condolences.

RIDELIKEHELL

:'( Very so to hear this news RIP Sir
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

lukedukem

Looks like his car is now for sale on Craig's list. i guess no one in his family was into cars like him. or they just needed the money  :shruggy:
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/5913050271.html

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

garner7555

I remember him saying that he was getting it running and driving (out of storage) so that it would be easier for his family to sell.     :pity:

It looks like a fair price, appears to be a very solid car.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Lord Warlock Daughter

Quote from: lukedukem on December 14, 2016, 12:10:06 PM
Looks like his car is now for sale on Craig's list. i guess no one in his family was into cars like him. or they just needed the money  :shruggy:
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/5913050271.html

Luke

The Charger has sold but the Challenger is still for sale.  You're right about both, actually.  No one in the family but his father is interested in cars the way he was.  He put our family into a lot of debt by buying things like this and we are trying to pay it all back.

taxspeaker

I understand LW's daughter's feelings and feel bad for her. We often joke (?) about the cost of our cars, at least I know I do, and the money pits they often become. There is no answer for the financial balance we need in life other than to make sure your loved ones are taken care of. Once that is done, I do not believe we have a responsibility to also provide for adult children after our own demise. My son knows that his Mom is taken care of and his inheritance will be the lifetime we had together working on these things-something I wish I would have had to remember. But he needs to keep working for his own retirement.

LW daughter-I hope you don't let your anger over a financial mistake cloud your feelings for your Dad. Enjoy the good memories and get ticked off about any mistakes-we all continue to make them, and learn from them, but don't hold it against your Dad's memory please.

Bob J

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

RCCDrew

I don't know the family here, but I will say that at least he had a hobby where you can get SOME return for investment, as opposed to hunting leases or boats or the like.

flyinlow

Sorry for your loss. I enjoyed your Fathers contributions to the forum.

Lord Warlock Daughter

Quote from: RCCDrew on December 15, 2016, 07:38:07 AM
I don't know the family here, but I will say that at least he had a hobby where you can get SOME return for investment, as opposed to hunting leases or boats or the like.

You'd think that, but...

For years he kept telling my mother that the Charger was worth so much money.  We couldn't sell it for more than half the amount he claimed it was worth.  He put a lot of money into fixing it up after leaving it to rot in the backyard for years.  I have never seen it run.  The Challenger is worse.  He spent $40k on it several months before I started college, then added things to it.  A month before his death he put a supercharger into it.  I don't think he even got to drive it except for on the way back across the state from the shop that did it in Hudson.  My mother hired a professional to sell it for us.  It has been months.  He keeps dropping the price because no one is interested.  We can't sell it for the Kelly Blue Book value even without the supercharger mentioned.  My mom is never getting that money back.  She's still paying for tens of thousands in bills he racked up even before his cancer diagnosis.  And most of the money he spent wasn't his.  It was my mother's.  She just couldn't stop him and no one he respected would confront him.  He would complain to me that mom would spend her entire bonus on paying off debt instead of buying new toys.  It was all his debt. He had a serious problem and my sister and I tried to convince our mom to divorce him on more than one occasion. 

And it wasn't just debt.  There's way more to it.  I don't really care to go into it all.  I know how bitter all of this makes me sound.  I hate that I don't miss my father.  I feel like a terrible person.

I'm glad he had friends online because he didn't IRL.  I appreciate those of you who got along with him.

cdr

Quote from: Lord Warlock Daughter on December 18, 2016, 10:48:33 PM

You'd think that, but...

For years he kept telling my mother that the Charger was worth so much money.  We couldn't sell it for more than half the amount he claimed it was worth.  He put a lot of money into fixing it up after leaving it to rot in the backyard for years.  I have never seen it run.  The Challenger is worse.  He spent $40k on it several months before I started college, then added things to it.  A month before his death he put a supercharger into it.  I don't think he even got to drive it except for on the way back across the state from the shop that did it in Hudson.  My mother hired a professional to sell it for us.  It has been months.  He keeps dropping the price because no one is interested.  We can't sell it for the Kelly Blue Book value even without the supercharger mentioned.  My mom is never getting that money back.  She's still paying for tens of thousands in bills he racked up even before his cancer diagnosis.  And most of the money he spent wasn't his.  It was my mother's.  She just couldn't stop him and no one he respected would confront him.  He would complain to me that mom would spend her entire bonus on paying off debt instead of buying new toys.  It was all his debt. He had a serious problem and my sister and I tried to convince our mom to divorce him on more than one occasion. 

And it wasn't just debt.  There's way more to it.  I don't really care to go into it all.  I know how bitter all of this makes me sound.  I hate that I don't miss my father.  I feel like a terrible person.

I'm glad he had friends online because he didn't IRL.  I appreciate those of you who got along with him.

WOW, the guy is dead, let it go, anger can ruin your life.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

No, screw that. I say let the surviving family grieve however they need to grieve.
Letting it out can be theraputic. What I recall of the guy was that he posted a lot and occasionally complained about his family. Am I wrong about that?  
The following is a quote of his:

"I was tempted to try a go fund me for a hellcat and use the sympathy of others and my terminal illness to generate interest, then I remembered, my generation believed in hard work,  putting in the time to get the rewards, and if you can't afford it, don't buy it.  Instead of lusting after a hellcat, I've bought myself a KB blower for my already paid off challenger r/t.  Something I could afford, even if I've stiffed my daughters of a little inheritance."

Does this give a bit more credibility to the daughter?
How many of us here know anything personal about even three of the forum members? We know what people let us know. How many members are Church people? Alcoholics? Big givers to charity? Homosexual ? Dog people ? Cat people? Macrame enthusiasts ? Fat, Thin or bald? What if this "Lord Warlock" guy saw himself in a downward spiral in his health and personal life and decided to run WOT to the end?
I do not divulge much about my personal life.  I post stuff I think will be funny, helpful or annoying.
Going against my habits, I'll let you all in on the following: My Dad put nothing away for retirement. He had a white collar job that could have allowed him to work up until he died. In a way, he did. He was a bit overweight, didn't exercise and liked to drink. He developed liver cancer and slowly got worse and worse. All the while he was losing weight and wasting away, he never told my mother his true ailments even though I'm sure the Doctors had told him. He carried the burden alone. Now, maybe he was trying to spare my Mother from the knowledge of his certain early death, maybe he was in denial. I'll never know. My point? He didn't go off on a spending spree. He didn't make efforts to cross things off of a theoretical "Bucket List", he didn't start selling off any possessions. People with the knowledge of their impending doom carry a heavy weight that few of us can imagine. I can't even think of how I might act if I knew I had a terminal illness. Can you ?

moparnation74

This is truly sad in all respects........

It is time to mover forward and focus on the "good things." Life is way too short......

crj1968

Quote from: Lord Warlock Daughter on December 18, 2016, 10:48:33 PM

You'd think that, but...

For years he kept telling my mother that the Charger was worth so much money.  We couldn't sell it for more than half the amount he claimed it was worth.  He put a lot of money into fixing it up after leaving it to rot in the backyard for years.  I have never seen it run.  The Challenger is worse.  He spent $40k on it several months before I started college, then added things to it.  A month before his death he put a supercharger into it.  I don't think he even got to drive it except for on the way back across the state from the shop that did it in Hudson.  My mother hired a professional to sell it for us.  It has been months.  He keeps dropping the price because no one is interested.  We can't sell it for the Kelly Blue Book value even without the supercharger mentioned.  My mom is never getting that money back.  She's still paying for tens of thousands in bills he racked up even before his cancer diagnosis.  And most of the money he spent wasn't his.  It was my mother's.  She just couldn't stop him and no one he respected would confront him.  He would complain to me that mom would spend her entire bonus on paying off debt instead of buying new toys.  It was all his debt. He had a serious problem and my sister and I tried to convince our mom to divorce him on more than one occasion.  

And it wasn't just debt.  There's way more to it.  I don't really care to go into it all.  I know how bitter all of this makes me sound.  I hate that I don't miss my father.  I feel like a terrible person.

I'm glad he had friends online because he didn't IRL.  I appreciate those of you who got along with him.

You're not a terrible person as far as I can tell.  
You took the time to come on here, register an account, and let people know that he had passed away.
Certainly something you did not have to do, but you wanted to let some total strangers know...and that is admirable. The rest is just get getting caught up in a conversation, that we here, really don't know anything about.

I hope you can sort it all out, and find some peace. The bitterness will fade with time.  God bless