News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gear Vendor instalation near me???

Started by Daytona Guy, January 03, 2017, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I'm looking for someone to install a gear vender overdrive in the Portland Oregon area. Anyone have any input on how they work?

JR

I cant be of much help here, but here is an old episode of Hot Rod Garage where they install a GV into David Freiburger's Super Bee. Pretty informative video.

https://youtu.be/SywsCGnoXOU
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Homerr

Looks like it will take a phone call.

QuoteIf you would like to have one of GEAR VENDORS 500 nationwide dealers install the product – we will make sure to communicate with the local dealer and get your exact product in his hands for the install day. All or products come with a money back guarantee and a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty (except diesel manual truck and commercial applications see warranty for details). Last but not least â€" we do not show pictures of racing and then deny your warranty if you race (hard to believe so many companies do just that). All GEAR VENDORS warranties cover you on the street and at the track (though we do require a contingency decal for pro users). Call us at 800-999-9555 and ask for "new product customer service" – get the kind of service you thought was left back in the 60's.

http://www.gearvendors.com/index.html

Kern Dog

Gear Vendors? Easy enough to do yourself. I did mine while on jackstands.
On another note:  I think your tires are on backwards. I saw your Blue Charger in Van Nuys last Spring and noticed that. I have the same tires. They are directional. Either they mounted the tires wrong on the rims or you have the rims on the wrong side of the car. Take a look to confirm. The direction is shown on the sidewall.   :2thumbs:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 05, 2017, 12:57:08 AM
Gear Vendors? Easy enough to do yourself. I did mine while on jackstands.
On another note:  I think your tires are on backwards. I saw your Blue Charger in Van Nuys last Spring and noticed that. I have the same tires. They are directional. Either they mounted the tires wrong on the rims or you have the rims on the wrong side of the car. Take a look to confirm. The direction is shown on the sidewall.   :2thumbs:

LA Spring Fling - Who's Going? Locked and loaded with pics.

image sharing

So I took them off to detail them out before the trip and must have put them on the wrong side. Lol I can't believe that caught your eye. :)

Dane

Kern Dog

That car is so sharp, the tires may be the only flaw! Like I wrote, I had those same tires, same size. I instantly noticed the tread direction as being different because I always approach my own car from behind where I can see the tires.

Kern Dog

Mine from behind:

Daytona Guy

gifs upload

image hosting services

Where do you find on the tire what direction it goes? Because all four of my tires are going the same direction   

tracpack440

Simple fix for the blue Daytona tires.  Yes the tires are on backwards. Just need to move the L/F wheel to the R/F and R/F to the L/F
L/R wheel to R/R AND R/R wheel to L/R then they will be in the correct rotation.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

XH29N0G

Just don't install the gear vendor backwards.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Daytona Guy

It was a 70 500, but I did put the 500 where the 69 was to mess with people, and to give tribute to the first step toward the Daytona's evolution.

Dane

Kern Dog

Quote from: tracpack440 on January 05, 2017, 09:00:58 PM
Simple fix for the blue Daytona tires.  Yes the tires are on backwards. Just need to move the L/F wheel to the R/F and R/F to the L/F
L/R wheel to R/R AND R/R wheel to L/R then they will be in the correct rotation.

On the sidewall there will be an arrow to denote the direction.  MIne has the words LEFT and RIGHT as well.

marshallfry01

Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 06, 2017, 02:01:51 AM
It was a 70 500, but I did put the 500 where the 69 was to mess with people, and to give tribute to the first step toward the Daytona's evolution.

Dane

:2thumbs:  Beautiful car you have there!  :drool5:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.