News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interesting 70 challenger

Started by tan top, July 05, 2016, 06:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 06, 2016, 10:45:25 PM
To take the VIN tag from a horribly damaged car and then attached to another car is Fraud. How can anyone see it different? These cars were issued a specific set of numbers for a reason.

This is where things are very vague.  What constitutes a car?  One Fender?  Two Fenders?  Two Fenders, a Door and a Quarter Panel?  At what point should a Repair Shop back away from fixing a "rare" vehicle or allow it to completely go away and be crushed?  Every Body component on a car is a mass produced "cookie cutter" part.  A Door on a Hemi Cuda is the exact same Door on a Slant Six Barracuda.  The Header Panel is the same!  The Quarter Panels are the same!  The Roof, A Pillar, B Pillar and C Pillar are the same.  What constitutes a "matching numbers" car?  Is it the Body?  Is it the Drivetrain?  If it's the Body, then replacing a Fender makes it no longer a "matching numbers" car.  And who gets to make the rules for how many Body components can be replaced before it's no longer a "repair" versus a "re-body"?  Do you see how confusing things can become?
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

spoon

After the first oil filter change, that classic Hemi is no longer original.

From there on in, it's all just a matter of degrees. This is why I don't care if a car is rebodied (or VIN swapped, if you prefer that term). Sooner or later, the numbers matching sheep will wake up to themselves.

Yeah, it's fraudulent to swap a VIN, but no-one really cares. These are old smoky gas-guzzling heaps of sh1t. Enjoy them before they're banned, because when that occurs, those numbers matching Hemi 'Cudas will become expensive garden ornaments :).

Most of you (like me) have hit the half century. We ain't got time to worry about this stuff.

ECS

Quote from: spoon on July 07, 2016, 03:52:21 AM

Another point to remember is that being all original is a completely different aspect than having matching numbers.  Do you think that's a tuff concept for some to try & understand Mr. Spoon?  ;)
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

spoon

Quote from: ECS on July 07, 2016, 06:21:52 AM
Quote from: spoon on July 07, 2016, 03:52:21 AM

Another point to remember is that being all original is a completely different aspect than having matching numbers.  Do you think that's a tuff concept for some to try & understand Mr. Spoon?  ;)

Yup. So far we've only discussed VIN swaps.

That done, we can now move on to those "number matching" cars with re-stamped engines and transmissions, lol.

Technology is improving too.....3D printed genuine NOS parts, hahahaha

Whilst on the topic of false VIN's/tags, I like this guys sense of humor:

moparnation74

Quote from: ws23rt on July 06, 2016, 10:48:00 PM
This ^^^^^is a clear example of why threads can move to the lock mode.

It looks like a personal conversation but it is posted for all to read.---

Is this provocative??-----Is it on topic??----Why is the public seeing this as it relates to the topic?
:2thumbs: Stay on topic or go to pm's :shruggy: