News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

decal removal

Started by boss429kiwi, June 29, 2016, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi

Has anyone tried to remove the front nose cone decals, from good paint?
Any hints and suggestions.

Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

1RareBird

Medium heat from heat gun slightly ahead of where you're pulling up from, don't get too close and try move from one end to the other. In addition there is an eraser (3M) that works off a drill and will remove the decal without harming the paint. Either method works, good luck.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Aero426

Heat gun for the large decals will do the trick.   

boss429kiwi

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Brock Lee

Quote from: 1RareBird on June 29, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
Medium heat from heat gun slightly ahead of where you're pulling up from, don't get too close and try move from one end to the other. In addition there is an eraser (3M) that works off a drill and will remove the decal without harming the paint. Either method works, good luck.

Those eraser wheels are bad ass! They work great! I particularly find them the best solution for old vinyl that has become brittle and wants to come off in tiny pieces. But they will cut through any vinyl.

I will only add that I prefer them in a high speed tool..

Aero426

Eraser wheel works great for smaller decals.       The nose decals should peel off with some indirect heat very easy.   

odcics2

Easier to own a Daytona!    :Twocents:

:smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A12 Superbee

You need a caramel wheel, they work great, not sure if its called the same thing over there tho as here in Australia.

A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!