News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PDF version of the 68 Shop Manual

Started by kevinof10, August 16, 2016, 01:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinof10

I have just started the restoration project on my Dad's 68 Charger.  I have found the Shop manual on Amazon but would like to get a hold of a PDF copy as well.  I have seen some posted around the internet but not the 68 Dodge Charger specifically.  Anyone know where I can get it?  The mymopar forum has several but not 68.  Thanks in advance.  I am looking for something similar to this manual in PDF format.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JCVUOQS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3MBK5TUTDBY43&coliid=I34Q1W926VVR76

Thanks!
---------------
68 Charger 383/727/8.75
Project started

kevinof10

Troy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have seen the ability to purchase the PDF version on CD.  I have already purchased the printed version and have seen folks post the PDF version was just curious if I had missed the 68 dodge version somewhere.  That said, thanks for the feedback and look forward to using this forum when my dad and I get stuck occasionally.
---------------
68 Charger 383/727/8.75
Project started

family_dodge

Good luck on your restoration, Kevinof10. I'm starting the work on my father's 1969 Charger as well. I just hauled it to the garage. Unfortunately, my father passed away and won't be here to help out. Enjoy the time you have with your old man and get him to tell you stories about the car!

What's the shape of your '68?

kevinof10

family_dodge,

Excellent on getting started with the 69!  Sorry to hear of your fathers passing, that is never easy regardless of age if you have had a good relationship with him.  My family was a bit of a classic car family growing up.  My dad had his 68 Charger (2 of them at one point [318 and 383]), I had a 69 Roadrunner (383), Sister had a 70 Mustang(302), and other sister had 66 mustang inline 6 (200).  They were fun to drive and easy to work on.  My dad is 76 and I am 37, I have a couple of other brothers who may get in on the action when they see how fun this stuff can be.  As far as condition, I have photos posted on the mymopar online forum but will get some here.  I will be documenting the restoration process over the next 24-36 months so I imagine I will put a link in my signature at some point so people can check out the progress as well as help answer questions when we get stuck on stuff.  Great point about the stories, we have talked a lot under the cars over the years.  I want to get them documented somehow for posterity.  If you need some assistance on where to start let me know, it will depend on the condition of the vehicle currently and what you ultimately want to do with it.  Good luck family_dodge! see you around the forum.+

Current status, going into the garage next week: http://www.mymopar.com/forums/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=user&user=14891&op=view_album&album=608
---------------
68 Charger 383/727/8.75
Project started