News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What year is this?

Started by M5Ivan, June 30, 2016, 12:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

This was my Father's car back in the 70's but he can't remember the year. He thinks it might have been a '73. Can anyone tell me what year it is? I'd completely forgotten about the car until he mentioned it recently and I asked him to send me a picture of it.

RallyeMike

73 or 74, though it looks like a 74 due to what appears to be the integrated shoulder belts (first year for the three-point single system).
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparnation74

Looks like a 74,. Cool pic btw...

Alaskan_TA

That style of combined seat & shoulder belt was used starting with the 1974 models.

EccentricMagpies

Real hard to make out but I don't see vents in the hood which is '74 specific too
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

71_Charger_R/T

If it's '73, it'd have to be a later build date. It has the chrome based bumperettes that were introduced later in '73. Early '73 had all rubber bumperettes.
Ask him if he remembers a big hump in the trunk floor. If he does, it was a '74.  :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Man does that car take the cool out of Chargers  :brickwall:
Cool story, ugly car.  :Twocents:

daveco

To each his own I guess, I like it.
R/Tree