News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new tail lights

Started by M5Ivan, June 25, 2016, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

For Father's Day my wife bought me a set of new tail lights. The original driver's side was pitted and both were just not up to par with the rest of car. The worst part though was the chrome trim around tail light. It was shiny enough, but pitted in quite a few areas. I wasn't about to spend $395 for a new set so I decided to plasti-dip the trim. It definitely hides the pitting and looks decent IMO. I can always peel it off if I decide to later on, but so far I'm pleased with the results. I also sprayed the interior housing with Wurth metallic silver paint and it came out pretty good. Overall, a fun Saturday  ;)

hemi68charger

Looks great !!!!  :2thumbs:

Is it my imagination, but is there a peg-hole visible just to the right of the 'R/T' looking at it from the rear? If so, may wanna plug it up...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopar Nut

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 25, 2016, 06:03:58 PM

Is it my imagination, but is there a peg-hole visible just to the right of the 'R/T' looking at it from the rear? If so, may wanna plug it up...

I see it too.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

M5Ivan

Thanks, forgot it was there!! Will do  :cheers:

crj1968

Very nice-
But how did your wife know to buy them?   :icon_smile_big:

M5Ivan

Quote from: crj1968 on June 25, 2016, 07:22:44 PM
Very nice-
But how did your wife know to buy them?   :icon_smile_big:
I "may" have sent her a link  :shruggy:

M5Ivan

I forgot to include the before picture

Mopar Nut

Big difference, the new ones look awesome!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

HANDM

It's the leftover hole from the original Charger emblem, my faux R/T has the same hole plugged with a tiny rubber stopper