News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint on battery tray and...

Started by moparjohn, April 14, 2006, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

ok having some work done, Is the battery tray, the brace, and the attaching bolts ALL pianted body color? Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Recharger

I'm pretty sure all those parts are supposed to be black.  Wether it's gloss or satin, I'm not sure. 

8WHEELER

Quote from: moparjohn on April 14, 2006, 10:03:07 PM
ok having some work done, Is the battery tray, the brace, and the attaching bolts ALL pianted body color? Thanks John

You are correct, they are all painted Body Color.

Most of the repro's come primer black, that is just so they will not rust before sold.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

resq302

John,  Chris told me that the battery tray and braces were installed prior to the car being painted the body color.  So, yes, your battery tray, braces, and bolts should be body color.  I just had to correct mine also.   :brickwall:  Just when you think you are making progress, you find two things that are incorrect when you just corrected one thing.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dodge Don

Yes yes.......all body colour. Common error to see them black.

Recharger

Oops, sorry for the misinformation there John... :-[

This is perfect timing considering I was about to paint and install mine next weekend.  This will definitely save me a headache.  Thanks for the info guys...

bull

Quote from: Recharger on April 15, 2006, 01:21:08 AM
I'm pretty sure all those parts are supposed to be black.  Wether it's gloss or satin, I'm not sure. 

You are correct... as long as the car is black too. ;D