News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How well does you deck lid line up????

Started by Ryan, April 14, 2006, 10:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hey guys,
I was tryong to get my deck lid to line up today and just couldnt get it right. How does everyone elses deck lid line up on your chargers??? Anyone have pics?  I was hacing a tough time getting the sides to line up w/ the quarters seems like they are curverd differently fron each other.
    Thanks everyone.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

AKcharger

What year? my '70 is spot on my '72 is a tad off, it's got a '73 lid and it's just a wee bit diffrent

mopar_madman

pics would be helpful if you can post some. Were the 1/4's replaced? sometimes the panels/hinges just need some tweaking with a 2x4, is it painted?
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Ryan

sorry its a 69, it was painted then it was hit and poorley repaired so I am fixing the body shops sh*ty work. The hit did not damage anything structrual just put a dent in the front of the quarter wich has been pulled out.  The quarters are original. I'll see if I can get a pic up in a little bit.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

69 OUR/TEA

Hi Ryan,I have a 69 also,a couple of years back when I did the body work I decided to get a different trunk lid because mine had a little rust under the lip that was causing it to lift a little.I bought an absolutly beautiful rust free trunk lid,stripped it,did some minor body work on the top,primed the inside,spent numerous hours on the top blocking ,repriming,etc.Went to bolt it on,could not get this thing to line up for #@&* !!!! O.K. all this time wasted,it is just stamped at a quite a bit earlier or later  time frame from when my car was built.Got another one,this one would'nt not fit right either!!!!Just to satisfy myself I said let me put my original one back on,in not even 5 minutes it was lined up perfect.So I fixed my original one ,numerous hours again.It just goes to show you that as all these cars were built,the dyes must have took a beating and started to change as more were built and is why some parts from others will not fit yours good.Even at that the quality back then was not to great,I have seen numerous original sheetmetal cars with poor line up quality.You just have to do the best you can.My fenders have never been off my car,the drivers fender bottom was off the car farther than the door,as I discovered the inner splash shield was put on before the fender,and was bolted down to far to the outside,causing the fender to only go in so far and stop when it hit the shield.Now that I have taken the fenders off,and the splash shields,did my paint work,then put the fenders back on,without the shields,got it to go in farther.And as we speak I just got home from my shop,just put my doors back on today,the hinges on the body side I had to put in a slightly different location to get everything lined up.My fenders to the doors ,to the quarters are beautiful now,better then the factory put out.I lucked out because it was a very clean sheetmetal car,and still retained all its original sheetmetal.Will post more pics tommorrow under the thread " MOVING RIGHT ALONG".