News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Dodge Charger 340 Magnum

Started by Mr.Mopar73, June 06, 2016, 06:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone with this Ralley combo share pics and info on your understanding of production numbers.

Love to see other 340 Magnum cars
5 (100%)
Will be at Carlisle to share pics and stories
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Mr.Mopar73

I recently drug this old girl out of the woods of South Central PA. There it set since 1996 owned by the gentleman I purchased the car off of. From what I understand the car was owned by two other local owners as it was enjoyed in its hay day. The car is 100% percent original with the factory 340 auto and 8.75 rear. Original exterior color is Light Green Metallic with flat black SE stripe and bulge hood with factory pins/ White interior. Unfortunately the car is in fairly rough shape but saved just in time before total basket case. Here is just another story of you never know what is lurking out in the woods on your back roads. Not a barn find but an amazing save. Pics to come of the day I found it.

ODZKing

RallyeMike

Pretty cool color combination and with the V21 hood paint option too. Neato. Congrats.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

VegasCharger

Damn!!! Nice find.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

How are the frame rails?

:cheers:

Bob

What part of South Central PA? I'm from the Gettysburg area.

Bob

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

EccentricMagpies

Nice find. 

What are your plans with it?
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Mr.Mopar73

Had to cut the car out of wood line literally. The trees did as much damage to the car as time and rust did. I plan to pick up all metal for car at Carlisle this year and start restoration shortly after. Worst part of car are back leaf spring bracket to frame. Both very bad. Everything else is sheet metal. Quarters, trunk pan floors, ect.

Goodz

What did you pay for it, if you don't mind us asking?  The fact that it has a bulge hood is awesome!
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: Mr.Mopar73 on June 14, 2016, 05:47:28 PM
Had to cut the car out of wood line literally. The trees did as much damage to the car as time and rust did. I plan to pick up all metal for car at Carlisle this year and start restoration shortly after. Worst part of car are back leaf spring bracket to frame. Both very bad. Everything else is sheet metal. Quarters, trunk pan floors, ect.

That photo is awesome!!! 

Glad to hear you are going to get it fixed up.  It's cool just how it sits already.
Did you have to bring a chainsaw?
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Mr.Mopar73

Yes the trees on the backside of the car were just as tight as the ones on the drivers side. I had to stand on the roof of the car to push the trees away from the car as my uncle notched the tree . The trees grew into the car pushing both quarter panels in and had it squeezed. (Quarters need replaced anyways). As for price the man that sold me the car new that the car was rare yet was more excited to see the car go to a new home to start its resurrection from the dead for 20 years exactly. I paid $800 for the car with a promise to take the gentleman for a ride in it when its done. I am very thankful to own the car and will start to post pics as its being restored. After Carlisle weekend it starts its restoration.

VegasCharger

$800.00 that's a helluva deal.  :2thumbs:

The hood alone is almost worth that.

If you do not find the frame rails at Carlisle I have all 4 frame rails rust free and removed.

EccentricMagpies

Agreed.   That is a great score
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

ralley72

That is a good score. :2thumbs: Few years back I purchased a 73 340 Rallye 4 speed car and it cost me $ 1,500.00 and is in a lot worse shape than yours. That car was complete but rusty all over. the only good parts was the hood and trans with the pistol grip shifter. The interior wasn't to bad though.
Good luck with the rebuild and keep us posted with pictures.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

EccentricMagpies

Your production number for US is 2415.  340 auto rallye hardtop.
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Mr.Mopar73

Thank you for the positive thoughts on the car. Yes I assumed the hood would sell for 500/700 for the right person looking for that exact hood to complete resto. I a glad to have made a very good score in that case. Also thank you for the production numbers I was unsure if that was official or not. Pics to come in weeks ahead.

Mr.Mopar73

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 16, 2016, 05:55:28 PM
$800.00 that's a helluva deal.  :2thumbs:

The hood alone is almost worth that.

If you do not find the frame rails at Carlisle I have all 4 frame rails rust free and removed.
Where are you located?