News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone tell me where I can selll my original 68 Charger parts?

Started by S. LoCascio, June 17, 2016, 01:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S. LoCascio

Hi all,
My husband and I were given almost every car part for a 68 Charger. They are original and in great shape. My question is, does anyone know where I can possible sell them? I have tried a couple of restoration places , but they were kind of a joke. I really don't want to sell them on Ebay either. Any ideas would be really appreciated. We live in McHenry IL.

Thanks very much,

Sheri

JR

There is a classifieds section here that would be useful.

Post up some pics of what you have in this thread and we can help give you an idea of value.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Lennard

Place an ad in the "for sale" part of this forum?

edit>I'm to late to the party. ;D

S. LoCascio

Ok. Thanks very much. I will try and do that. Unfortunately, I don't know what many of the parts are! LOL! :rofl: I have trunk, hood, visors, windows, dash, mirrors and side panels so I could do those though. Thanks very much for your help! Happy Fathers Day to all.

Sheri

Lennard

Post pictures of the parts you don't know and we'll tell you.

S. LoCascio

:2thumbs: Thanks!!! You guys are great!!! If you ever need help with gardening or crotchet , hit me up!  :lol:

Sheri

Lennard

Troy

I need lots of 68 Charger parts (but I also have a lot). We can help you identify them and help with pricing. The hardest part is usually shipping - especially the big stuff! You're not terribly far (I'm in Cincinnati) and I end up in your area a lot more often than I'd like.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

S. LoCascio

Thanks Troy,
Yes, I am about as far from Chicago as I can get! I am closer to Wisconsin for good reason! Thanks for you help. I don't know what you are needing, but I am pretty sure I have something you might need. Geez! This stuff takes up so much room!  I seriously cannot afford to ship things like hoods ect as well. For some reason this forum is not allowing me to upload photos. I have tried four times.

I will keep in touch!

Thanks again,
Sheri

moparnation74

There are a lot of people that want those parts but not as many willing to pay decently for them.  I had to dicker with someone over "a pillar" covers for a charger and then after they finally got their act together.  That bumb :scratchchin: told me how to pack it to save them shipping cost.  Which btw the way they wanted those parts packed would have potentially broke those plastic pieces in shipment.  Total waste of time and I placed them back in storage. :brickwall:

The best way these days is to get an idea on pricing as you are doing and list most of the items on the mopar forums.  

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Troy on June 17, 2016, 02:34:04 PM
I need lots of 68 Charger parts (but I also have a lot). We can help you identify them and help with pricing. The hardest part is usually shipping - especially the big stuff! You're not terribly far (I'm in Cincinnati) and I end up in your area a lot more often than I'd like.

Troy

Hey Mom and Grandmother are from Cincinnati OH.  :cheers:

ACUDANUT

You do not need to worry about " I seriously cannot afford to ship things like hoods ect as well"  The buyer, pays all.

Lennard

Quote from: S. LoCascio on June 17, 2016, 02:47:52 PM
Thanks Troy,
Yes, I am about as far from Chicago as I can get! I am closer to Wisconsin for good reason! Thanks for you help. I don't know what you are needing, but I am pretty sure I have something you might need. Geez! This stuff takes up so much room!  I seriously cannot afford to ship things like hoods ect as well. For some reason this forum is not allowing me to upload photos. I have tried four times.

I will keep in touch!

Thanks again,
Sheri

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,123432.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,122982.0.html

S. LoCascio

Yes, this is becoming more of a problem than it worth. I know there is a market for them, but I really don't want to deal with cheap people, shipping ect. That is why I tried calling and sending pictures to restoration places. They LITERALLY OFFERED ME $200.00 for every piece I had! I told them both, I may be a girl, but I have done some research and no thanks. I really just want it gone. It is too bad too. It is really nice shape.

Sheri

tsmithae

I usemailed photobucket for my pictures. It's free and all you need to do is paste the link to your photos in the body of a message.

I'm in Madison WI and not too terribly far either. There are a few pieces I'm still looking looking for.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

JR

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the 68 Charger the parts came from?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

S. LoCascio

I think he had two Chargers and a Road Runner and he used all the parts to make one Charger, but save all the parts in his mom's garage in boxes.  This is my husbands cousin.

Sheri

Dans 68

Sheri,

Send me the photos, and i"ll resize them and post them up. This way I can also see what you have for sale first!  ;)

But seriously, I'd be happy to get them up for you. My email addy is on my profile.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Troy on June 17, 2016, 02:34:04 PM

Troy

Road trip!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Stevearino

Sheri, If you have a PC with Windows Paint program just bring up your picture on the screen, hit the "print screen" button. Then paste it on to the paint program. There you can easily crop the photo to get rid of the other things on the screen. Next save the photo to your desk top. No matter what resolution the picture is when you do this it saves the picture at the resolution of the screen which is very low. You can then usually up load to this site.

S. LoCascio