News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint color or code for 1969 dodge charger taillight panel

Started by almerkel, June 22, 2016, 01:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almerkel

Does anyone know the color and paint codes for the semigloss black paint in the rear taillight panel of the 1969 charger. 

BLK 68 R/T

I believe it was called "Organosol." it is available from Roger Gibson if you want the very best, closest to factory as possible.
From his catalog:
ORGP/ORGQ
Organosol - authentic black textured finish for hoods, tail panels............Qt  $175.00
                                       ***ONCE AGAIN AVAILABLE***
Pint $90.00

That said - I used Rustoleum truck bed liner from Home Depot. It looks good in my opinion.

almerkel

BLK 68 R/T

Mike DC

The original black paint is pretty flat, textured, and slightly metallic. 

moparfan53

Quote from: almerkel on June 22, 2016, 01:34:47 PM
Does anyone know the color and paint codes for the semigloss black paint in the rear taillight panel of the 1969 charger.  

Here is a Chrysler engineering document that shows two paints being used. Low gloss black for the St. Louis plant, black organosol for the other plants. I just put this for people interested in that kind of thing.

I have seen the SEM #39143 black trim paint used and it looked good to me. The truck bed paint looks like a good idea also.

:cheers:

almerkel

Thanks for this.  I appriciate the effort and the copy of factory spects.

Cncguy