News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Super Bee WM21J8G****** What's it worth ?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, June 14, 2016, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

WM21J8G****** What's it worth ?

Beat up, rusted.

318  under the hood, so I assume the original K-member is gone.

Column shift automatic.

Missing one fender.

Currently no title, but let's assume a clear title will be provided.

It's been stored inside for the last 15-20 years.

Full of raccoon shit.

What is the least it should bring ?  :shruggy:

fc7_plumcrazy

fender tag or broadcastsheet present to document the car?

Carsten

Drache

There was a burned out '68 Coronet Hemi car that sold for $5000 CDN missing the engine (fender tag and vin tag still there though) a few years ago.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on June 14, 2016, 08:39:28 PM
fender tag or broadcastsheet present to document the car?

Carsten

Unknown.

It was freaking dark and hot in there. :eek2:

But, the VIN tag is healthy and unmolested.

Still riveted to the dash with the correct rivets. :coolgleamA:

Troy

I loooooove 68 Coronets. Although I may shoot myself if I ever buy another project...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Troy on June 15, 2016, 09:26:51 AM
I loooooove 68 Coronets. Although I may shoot myself if I ever buy another project...

Troy

You would look good in it.  :2thumbs:

Troy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 15, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

Troy

You would look good in it.  :2thumbs:
Yeah. Is is green? If it's blue and white it would match the rest of my fleet...

Troy

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Troy on June 15, 2016, 10:46:09 AM

Troy

Yeah. Is is green? If it's blue and white it would match the rest of my fleet...

Troy

It's either that pale yellow or white with a black interior.

Hard to tell...it was dark in there. ;)

Troy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 15, 2016, 12:16:47 PM

Troy

You would look good in it.  :2thumbs:

Troy

So you've got a rusty car in a dark, hot cave that you don't know anything about. This may impact the value slightly... ;)

Still out of my budget.

Troy

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Troy on June 15, 2016, 03:06:42 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 15, 2016, 12:16:47 PM

Troy

Troy

So you've got a rusty car in a dark, hot cave that you don't know anything about. This may impact the value slightly... ;)

Still out of my budget.

Troy

Yep. ;)

Actually, the car is not mine, I was asked by a friend to take a look at it and try to give him a rough idea of what he could expect to get out of it.  :Twocents:

This is what happens when people put their cars in storage, and stop paying the rent.

:nutkick:   :slap:   :ahum:

ws23rt

So will this car be sold to pay for the storage rent owed?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ws23rt on June 15, 2016, 07:22:42 PM
So will this car be sold to pay for the storage rent owed?

I believe that is the plan.

It's been there a l-o-n-g time.  :eek2:

fc7_plumcrazy

Fender tag and broadcastsheet are important to make a connection between the VIN and the body.
No tag, no sheet no real value

Carsten

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on June 16, 2016, 01:31:05 AM
Fender tag and broadcastsheet are important to make a connection between the VIN and the body.
No tag, no sheet no real value

Carsten

:yesnod:

I'll know more when we hook a log chain to it and drag it out of there.  :Twocents:

RallyeMike

Out of curiosity, is being sold by the owner to pay back rent, or sold by the storage facility to collect whatever they can on the debt?

If the fender tag is there, I would guess $5-10k depending if we are talking mid-west rust or Montana rust.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 16, 2016, 02:42:54 PM
Out of curiosity, is being sold by the owner to pay back rent, or sold by the storage facility to collect whatever they can on the debt?

If the fender tag is there, I would guess $5-10k depending if we are talking mid-west rust or Montana rust.

It will eventually be sold by the property owner...

It's mid-west rust.

And...

Raccoon shit.

Lots of raccoon shit. :eek2: :smilielol:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 68X426 on June 16, 2016, 02:59:51 PM

Daytona, check your PM please.   :scratchchin:

Dan, I replied to you yesterday... ;)

Just resent it.  :shruggy:

68X426

If that raccoon shit is organic it could be worth a good dollar in this day and age. :lol:

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 68X426 on June 16, 2016, 05:11:16 PM

If that raccoon shit is organic it could be worth a good dollar in this day and age. :lol:

Bring a shovel. ;)

Daytona R/T SE

TiMopar

Is the fender tag super important on a 68/69 Hemi car? They don't have the possible options of say, a 70-71 car, so unless it's a factory black car, and the factory chassis modifications are present...

68X426

Quote from: TiMopar on June 17, 2016, 10:24:34 AM
Is the fender tag super important on a 68/69 Hemi car? They don't have the possible options of say, a 70-71 car, so unless it's a factory black car, and the factory chassis modifications are present...

I agree - not super important.  The missing Hemi is what's the killer.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ws23rt

I also agree that a missing fender tag on a 68/69 hemi car is not huge a value issue.  

With the vin matching the body stamping's and the chassis modifications being correct as being the bigger deal here. (about it's heminess).  IMO those identifiers  would answer the biggest question a buyer needs to make a decision.

As for the rest of the trim and options not being documented by a tag?  ---So what--- the original engine is not their so it will never be what it once was.

A good question though is----If every original part on that car were present.  What would the lack of a fender tag have on the value?

Drache

Quote from: ws23rt on June 17, 2016, 03:15:48 PM

I also agree that a missing fender tag on a 68/69 hemi car is not huge a value issue.  

With the vin matching the body stamping's and the chassis modifications being correct as being the bigger deal here. (about it's heminess).  IMO those identifiers  would answer the biggest question a buyer needs to make a decision.

As for the rest of the trim and options not being documented by a tag?  ---So what--- the original engine is not their so it will never be what it once was.

A good question though is----If every original part on that car were present.  What would the lack of a fender tag have on the value?

If the car had very rare options then the fender tag would help the value a little even without the original engine. But if it was just a totally plain normal car but just happened to come with a Hemi then really the fender tag isn't needed.

If you had a numbers matching car with very rare options and wanted top dollar then you'd need the fender tag to prove the car came with those options.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire