News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somebody's R/T?

Started by M5Ivan, June 13, 2016, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

I went to the Cars and Coffee at the Larz Anderson auto museum this weekend and saw this beautiful yellow R/T. I couldn't track down the owner and was wondering if anybody knows the car or the owner. It was a perfect morning for the show and we ended up with the one of the best turnouts ever! Here's the yellow R/T and a picture of my Charger and my friends 930.

moparnation74

NCMopar

Agreed and a very nice air cooled P-car.

Regards,
John

tan top

Quote from: moparnation74 on June 13, 2016, 10:28:48 AM
Two beautiful chargers :2thumbs:
Quote from: NCMopar on June 13, 2016, 12:25:26 PM
Agreed and a very nice air cooled P-car.

Regards,
John

:yesnod:

what the other guys said   , awesome chargers  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

VegasCharger

Same here. Nice Chargers.

But that 68 is such a beautiful car I wonder why there's no wheel well trim :shruggy:

Mytur Binsdirti

Got to do something with the hood turn signal wiring, but it does look nice.

Mopar Nut

Too bad it's not a 69, the grill would make it pop.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mopar Nut on June 14, 2016, 06:21:49 AM
Thank God it's not a 69; the split grill would screw up a such great look.

Fixed.  :icon_smile_big:

BeeOrange

That's our (wife and I) car :)

Used to post on the old board, not so much now, but might try a little harder from now on

I saw your black 69 there, very nice car, love the white stripe

The 68: We bought it early last year as an incomplete restoration project. It originally came from Seattle Washington area, but we got it out of a restoration shop in Minnesota. It needed a lot of finish work, still does 
I haven't rushed to install the wheel well trim as, it didn't come with it, I don't care for it, and in my experience, the re-pop pieces don't fit well. I would like to find originals (I know good luck), will look at Carlisle (plan to take the Charger). The trim should be installed as it is correct for the car

I want to restore the grille this winter, put on chrome road wheels, and replace the exhaust

I restored the dash over this past winter (along with a lot of other stuff, brakes, wiring, etc), just enjoying driving it now.
It is restored to the fender tag and the engine is numbers matching (late 68' May scheduled build date).

Waiting on a new radiator for it, should be here next week

We also have a burnt orange 70 Super Bee and a blue 71 Road Runner

Thank you all for the kind words

70 Super Bee FK5 383 4-Speed
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

Psalm 37:5: Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: BeeOrange on June 14, 2016, 11:20:48 AM
We also have a burnt orange 70 Super Bee and a blue 71 Road Runner

Thank you all for the kind words
Any pictures of you RR or Super Bee?

Gorgeous 68 BTW!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

M5Ivan

Quote from: BeeOrange on June 14, 2016, 11:20:48 AM
That's our (wife and I) car :)

Welcome back to the forum! I was excited to see another Charger at the show and glad to know you're a member here. I would also love to see pictures of the SB and RR  :drool5:

BeeOrange

Hi all,

A couple of pics: The Super Bee is a 383 4-speed car, all numbers matching restored original, burnt orange in & out, bought it in 1998. The Road Runner was a 383, now 440 auto. Blue, black interior. Bought it last year. It has a 72 Road Runner grille in it, I have a 71 unit, just need to install it. Spending too much time working on the Charger
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

BeeOrange

a couple more pics
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

tiki

That is a beautiful black charger w/white stripe I have the same car w/red stripe how is the interior and what steering wheel do you have? :coolgleamA:

M5Ivan

Quote from: BeeOrange on June 14, 2016, 08:48:06 PM
Hi all,

A couple of pics: The Super Bee is a 383 4-speed car, all numbers matching restored original, burnt orange in & out, bought it in 1998. The Road Runner was a 383, now 440 auto. Blue, black interior. Bought it last year. It has a 72 Road Runner grille in it, I have a 71 unit, just need to install it. Spending too much time working on the Charger

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:

M5Ivan

Quote from: tiki on June 15, 2016, 06:21:15 AM
That is a beautiful black charger w/white stripe I have the same car w/red stripe how is the interior and what steering wheel do you have? :coolgleamA:

Thanks tiki! The previous owner added the stripe, although it's not an R/T (it's a numbers matching 383). I've debated removing it, but I really like the stripe. I've been working on the interior and recently added a Grant 1004 wheel. I'd love to see some pictures of yours  :cheers:

440Ken

Hey BeeOrange, I would be interested in the 72 RR Grille when you are done with it.  PM me if you are willing to part with it.

Sixt8Chrgr

Great looking cars guys. The black car with the white stripe just pops. I would leave it on :yesnod:

Mopar Nut

:2thumbs: 70 is my favorite year for the Super Bee.

Charger_Fan

'70 is my favorite year, too. I love the "goggle" front end! :2thumbs:
Thanks for showing off your trio, BeeOrange, they all look great!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BeeOrange

Thank you for the kind words!

Love the black 69
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto