News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My dream came true! Finally a 68! My trip from sweden to germany

Started by euroZ06, June 05, 2016, 12:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Troy

Quote from: euroZ06 on June 05, 2016, 02:32:46 PM
Guys, few questions.

1. In the underside pics taken in february, the exhaust looks clean (past the tranny), but when i looked at it prior to purchase it had the burn oil resedue (quite a bit). I didnt pay attention to this at the time, but now im a bit concerned. So, at the gas station i checked the tranny fluid level (car was shut off for about 5min), and it showed above max (almost 50% above by the stick). There is seeping through the tranny gasket (id say excessive), plus the burn oil on exhaust. Oil looks new (i.e red color, very clear). So i prob need to drain it (cant find the drain plug), but could this have been causing my vibrations after 60mph?? Would i have done any damage by dricing like this?

2. I want to put a black piece between the tail lights, but i dont know what its called. Can someone tell me pls?
As mentioned...

you have to check the trans level while it's running and in neutral.

The tail panel on a 68 is painted black (Organisol but you can fake it or use semi-flat?). It's basically the entire area within the chrome trim.

Nice trip!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

CDN72SE

Congrats on the car, hope you have lots of fun with it. Hopefully the water leak is not too bad.
1972 Charger SE

euroZ06

Quote from: Troy on June 06, 2016, 10:07:42 AM
Guys, few questions.

1. In the underside pics taken in february, the exhaust looks clean (past the tranny), but when i looked at it prior to purchase it had the burn oil resedue (quite a bit). I didnt pay attention to this at the time, but now im a bit concerned. So, at the gas station i checked the tranny fluid level (car was shut off for about 5min), and it showed above max (almost 50% above by the stick). There is seeping through the tranny gasket (id say excessive), plus the burn oil on exhaust. Oil looks new (i.e red color, very clear). So i prob need to drain it (cant find the drain plug), but could this have been causing my vibrations after 60mph?? Would i have done any damage by dricing like this?

2. I want to put a black piece between the tail lights, but i dont know what its called. Can someone tell me pls?
As mentioned...

The tail panel on a 68 is painted black (Organisol but you can fake it or use semi-flat?). It's basically the entire area within the chrome trim.

Nice trip!

Troy

sorry, can you elaborate on the color again. So it's a semi flat black? I've heard flat black, then seen pics with shiny black.. I'd like to get it close enough.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

Troy

Quote from: euroZ06 on June 14, 2016, 06:40:37 AM
Quote from: Troy on June 06, 2016, 10:07:42 AM
Guys, few questions.

As mentioned...

Nice trip!

Troy

sorry, can you elaborate on the color again. So it's a semi flat black? I've heard flat black, then seen pics with shiny black.. I'd like to get it close enough.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=109627.0

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=29958.0

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

seaweed

Nice car :2thumbs:
About your speedometer, check if there's a converter-box where the speedowire goes in to the tranny. if it is? then its easy to remove once you want to go back to mph.

euroZ06

So i just found out my car was made 28 dec 1967 (c28), so does that mean it didnt come with seatbelts?

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: euroZ06 on June 14, 2016, 03:34:35 PM
So i just found out my car was made 28 dec 1967 (c28), so does that mean it didnt come with seatbelts?

It should/would have had seatbelts from the factory.

crj1968

Nice looking car- congrats !

The 60 MPH vibration...have you been able to diagnose? Start with the easy stuff....get the wheels balanced and see how it goes.

BTW the Vette is OK too.  :icon_smile_big:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fc7_plumcrazy

congratulations.

Keep the german Mopar Nats in mind they will be held on saturday august 6th.
It is possible to come on friday the 5th already.
Last year 352 Mopar buillt before 1979 attended

Carsten

euroZ06

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on June 15, 2016, 06:10:32 PM
congratulations.

Keep the german Mopar Nats in mind they will be held on saturday august 6th.
It is possible to come on friday the 5th already.
Last year 352 Mopar buillt before 1979 attended

Carsten

can you provide more details?

euroZ06

Quote from: crj1968 on June 14, 2016, 04:34:59 PM
Nice looking car- congrats !

The 60 MPH vibration...have you been able to diagnose? Start with the easy stuff....get the wheels balanced and see how it goes.

BTW the Vette is OK too.  :icon_smile_big:

so the wheels were way out of balance. When the car was up in the air, the mechanic noted that the left wheel is turned inward (bad alignment), so he offered to adjust it for the time being. The wheels looked more straight than before (when the car was in the air) however it started pulling like crazy (didn't before). So now I'm trying to deal with that too.