News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K2motor electrical cut outs, dont buy

Started by euroZ06, June 13, 2016, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

So i bought the car with these installed, guy bought them 4 months ago, and put on 500 miles. I drove another 400 miles and one of them broke (butterfly pin that connects to the motor). So i contacted the company k2motor to try and work something out, like warranty or buy a replacement part. OMG, i havent had such bad customer service in a long time. I need the car to pass a german inspection, and right now its running open header. So i explained them the situation and the customer service lady after consulting with supervisor told me that they cant sell me a replacement part, but they can send a replacement part to original buyer (who lives in sweden). I asked them, if he requests that it'd be sent to me (to save time gor me, and to save them shipping charges, since i have a US apo address). She cunsupted with her supervisor and told me no. So i requested to speak with a supervisor, and she said there is no point, but i insisted. I have never spoken to someone so irritating. By the sound of it he was asian (no offense to anyone), and just kept repeating their "policy", they cant send a replacement part to a different address and they sont sell replacement parts. I tried to reason with him, said "ull pay $40 shipping this to sweden, and its a free warranty item, instead, let me pay u $50, and its almost free to ship to apo", but he kept regurgitating the same thing back at me with no care in the world about the situation i was in (i explained that i really need this piece to pass inspection, and that welding stock pipe is gonna cost an arm and a leg here in germany). Just really a divk of a guy.

I have no idea what to do now :( they fab their own shit product (btw, other shit companies do sell just the motor with butterfly valve) and no other place to get it. Its a $100 for the whole kit, which im about to say F it and buy it, but their ebay is set up weird, so sending to germany id need to call them again and i reaaaaaaally dont want to talk to them anymore (btw the customer service girl was nice, but firm in their policies, but ahe tried to talk to the supervisor).

Any ideas on where to leave some bad reviews for them? Customer service shouldnt be like that.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

RallyeMike

QuoteAny ideas on where to leave some bad reviews for them? Customer service shouldnt be like that. 

You could post your dissatisfaction on Dodgecharger.com

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 13, 2016, 02:53:15 PM
QuoteAny ideas on where to leave some bad reviews for them? Customer service shouldnt be like that. 

You could post your dissatisfaction on Dodgecharger.com

:rofl:

68X426

Quote from: euroZ06 on June 13, 2016, 12:39:05 PM
Any ideas on where to leave some bad reviews for them? 

Sorry to hear.  I do feel for you, been there.

You can post negatives at Yelp.  I don't think it matters, but you can blow off some at them.
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=automotive+parts&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&ns=1

Better is to contact the BBB.  I think it's useless but you have nothing to lose.  Especially because K2 uses the BBB for advertising at the K2 website.  Advertising as in claiming an A+ rating to assure you the consumer how credible they are and how nice they are to deal with and how they value your trust.  Website: bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley.com

Contact the BBB Los Angeles at 213-631-3600 and file a complaint.

This is directly from the K2 site: ( I say use the BBB against them )

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

myk

Just buy someone else's cut outs and install them.  I wouldn't want that first company's crap service or products in my life...

b5blue

Paul G

Dont they bolt on to a typical 3 bolt header flange? If so take them off and cap the flange for the inspection.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

b5blue

I think they are pipe size. Not fit to flange.

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

invincibleextremes

Thats why I prefer capped cutouts.  When my electric cutouts on my daily came apart I just capped them and called it a day.    Stupid stainless junk doesnt do well with heat cycles and road bumps

hemi68charger

I have the QTP Electric dumps in my Hemi Daytona, so far so good.. Been on there for over a year now.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection