News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General assembly. ....

Started by 1charger69, June 07, 2016, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

Going to be putting the charger back together soon....its completely nut and bolt naked on the rotisserie. ....is there a general assembly order that works best to prevent the least amount of pain in ass!  Thx guys!

ht4spd307

I'd start with #1  get it off the rotisserie bolt up the diff and springs and some jockey wheels at the front  #2  headlining & vinyl roof (if you have one) #3 dash board with all the fittings  #4 front & rear windows i say do it that way so you don't lean on the panels & paint .it also depends if you have the bolt on panels bolted up yet if the panels are off I'd do it in that order as the window guy can access window fitting via the trunk without leaning over the 1/4 panels as they are quite wide and you must lean over them if the boot lid is on the car .same with the front screen if the bonnet is off the window can be fitted via the engine bay even better if the front guards are not on the car then #5 brake/fuel lines  k frame with suspension .engine and trans bolted together on a trolley then  mounting from underneath   that's a starting point that's my plan for my car.maybe sit down in front of your car for a couple of hours and draw up a plan on how you are going to approach this good luck

Homerr

I know someone has posted this before, there was a web page that had been done up.  Anyone have a link for this?

Short of that, there is also the 'Project Charger' book.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

1charger69

bigdsul

Quote from: CDN72SE on June 08, 2016, 01:48:39 PM
http://www.restorick.com/tech/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58

Seems like most of those things could be done in an afternoon so if you have a regular 8 hour work day you could work your way down the list and be done in a couple months.