News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Misfiring solved!

Started by M5Ivan, June 07, 2016, 06:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

My '69 has had a slight misfire since I bought it a few months ago. I originally thought it was a timing or fuel issue and made some adjustments to no avail. Replacing the fuel filter did eliminate an intermittant hesitation I was getting at WOT, but didn't eliminate the misfire. To be honest I didn't even know what the sound was until I gave a ride to somebody over the weekend and they said it sounded like a slight misfire. I pulled the plugs Sunday and found a bent plug in Cylinder 5. I replaced all of the plugs yesterday and it's purring now  :icon_smile_big: So happy!!!

I assume the plug was dropped when I had the compression test done before I bought it. That plug was also carbon fouled along with a few others so I have some fine tuning to do before I replace the carb over the next few weeks.

holanae

You gotta love the easy fixes.