News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found bellhousing. will it fit?

Started by 73-Charger-Canada, June 02, 2016, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-Charger-Canada

Hi everyone. Finally found a big block bellhousing for 10.5" flywheel in my area. The casting number is 2468372. I looked on brewers and saw that this bell was for mid 60s big block b and c bodies, as well as late 60s a bodies. Is there any reason to think that it WON'T fit my 73 b body? I have my 73 charger with a 440 swap, 10.5" flywheel and clutch. Learned the hard way that my lakewood scattershield was for 11". So, should I go ahead and get this bell? Will it fit and work in my charger 440/a833? Thanks a million

John_Kunkel

Notice that Brewer's has a separate part number for that bellhousing on '67-later installations. I think the difference is in the Z-bar pivot ball location, they probably supply a pivot ball bracket for the '67 and later.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

73-Charger-Canada

That's a very good point, I will have to find that out. The bellhousing does have two locations on the current bracket that can accommodate the pivot ball, so perhaps the different location is built in. I ended up buying it, so I'll install it and measure up the z bar location with both pivot ball locations. Then if it requires relocation I'll order the bracket, or make one. Thanks very much!