News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 package shelf question

Started by derailed, April 14, 2006, 09:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derailed

Does anyone have any pics of a 68 package shelf with rear speaker and window defroster. When I bought my car it had an oval cut out on the speaker side and rectangular cutout on the defroster side. People have told me theres not suppose to be any cutouts and that they sit under perforated openings in the package shelf. Anyone have pics of theres?

B5 Charger

If your talking about the cardboard package tray it shouldn't have cutouts for the speakers.  There are perforated slits that the speakers sit under.  As far as the defroster goes you should have a long thin rectangular hole to the rear of the center of the tray.  This was covered by a plastic finish piece that dressed the hole and directed the air toward the rear window.  Fortunately new package trays are cheap and readily available.  I have a new package tray for a rear speaker setup if you need a pic.   :icon_smile_cool:

derailed

Thanks, that answers my question. The car had the vent for the defroster in the middle but had cutouts for speakers also.  :-\

B5 Charger

Sounds like all you need is a new package tray and you will be good to go.  I got mine from Harden's.  They sell them with speaker cuts for $34.00.  My original was covered in fake black leather with cotton padding underneath when I bought it.   :rotz:

derailed

I picked one up from Legendary along with the jute backing that goes under it. I forget how much it was but seemed pretty reasonable.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pic.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

derailed

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T