News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner Prep

Started by phat69charger, April 14, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat69charger

Hey, Everyone

I got a tip from my upholsterer friend for preping your headliner before you install it, first thing if your car is driveable do this when your car is down a couple of days and when you have warm weather above 60 degrees, but if your car is like mines being worked on but not driveable it's a place to put the headliner that takes up no space, you start off taking a blanket or a quilt and lay it on your roof of the car, if you want to drive your car you can take it off of that car and put it on the roof of another car until your finished driving then lay it back on your car roof, and in about a week after of being on the roof it will smooth out alot of the folds the headliner has from being boxed up, if your car is like mine you can install all of the bows in the headliner and lay the headliner on the roof of the car on top on the blanket and leave it there until it's time to install it.

4402tuff4u

Yes, I heard that it should be laid out flat - possibly in the sun prior to installing. Similar to pre-installing the vinyl tops. If you are lacking room in the garage, etc...you can also go to your local carpet outlet and get a cardboard tube out of the dumpster and roll the liner tight on the tube. That will take the folds out! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

phat69charger

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on April 14, 2006, 06:38:38 AM
Yes, I heard that it should be laid out flat - possibly in the sun prior to installing. Similar to pre-installing the vinyl tops. If you are lacking room in the garage, etc...you can also go to your local carpet outlet and get a cardboard tube out of the dumpster and roll the liner tight on the tube. That will take the folds out! :yesnod:

He also said you could hang them from your rafters in your garage or from high up on the wall if you don't have a closed ceiling in the garage.

phat69charger

Quote from: phat69charger on April 14, 2006, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: 4402tuff4u on April 14, 2006, 06:38:38 AM

He also said you could hang them from your rafters in your garage or fron high up on the wall if you don't have a closed ceiling in the garage.

He also said don't use the tube, headliners are not flat they are contoured you'll just make smaller folds putting it on the tube and possibly warp it if you put it out iin the sun on the tube, layed flat out is better than the tube roll