News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'02 Dakota keyless entry

Started by 66FBCharger, May 31, 2016, 07:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

The original battery in my '02 Dakota died Friday. It started fine when leaving work, but was dead (clicking the starter when attempting to start) when trying to leave a store. I went to NAPA and got a new battery and installed it. The truck fired right up.
When leaving working, my keyless entry worked fine and unlocked the doors. After installing the battery the key fob no longer worked. I changed the key fob batteries and the fob still doesn't work. What could be the issue? Could the battery dying cause a module to forget some kind of code needed to recognize the key fob? The owners manual talked about programming the key fob. Do I need to do that? I can't find my extra key fob so I can't check that to determine if the original key fob is at fault or not.
Does anyone know how expensive it is to get an extra key fob?
Thanks!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

LaOtto70Charger

I am not sure on how hard it is to reprogram key fobs, but I can tell you that when my original battery died it did not affect my key fob working.  Recently also left it part way on with the key out and I had no issues after recharging the battery.  Are the locks working normally from the switches in the door?  Still lock automatically at 15 mph?

66FBCharger

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on May 31, 2016, 11:40:43 AM
I am not sure on how hard it is to reprogram key fobs, but I can tell you that when my original battery died it did not affect my key fob working.  Recently also left it part way on with the key out and I had no issues after recharging the battery.  Are the locks working normally from the switches in the door?  Still lock automatically at 15 mph?
Yes. the locks are working properly from the switch and lock automatically at 15 mph.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body