News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission?????

Started by Dadkdko, May 22, 2016, 07:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: Dadkdko on May 23, 2016, 09:49:35 PM
Yea see that's what I'm afraid of. Pouring tons of money into it to experience that kind of disappointment. I mean with the setup I have in mind it doesn't seem too impossible but u never know. And I'm not so much worried about tubular chassis etc. I Dont plan on doing much more than. Straight line racing. I'm just not sure if I'm building a car that I won't be able to drive much. What blower company did he use? I was looking at BDS.

650-700 hp with a Blower is absolutely childsplay with a BB Mopar, and very driveable.
About the only issues for extended long term useage year after year are the 2 Bolt Main integrity, which is too lengthy subject for discussion here, nonetheless, selecting a good Shop familiar with.... and specializing in  BB Mopar Engines is paramount at the outset.
Expect $20K for a longblock assembly alone, Blower/Drive/etc., etc., all extra,
and of course......
a substantial investment as well in everything else from Frame Connectors, Cage, Fuel / Cooling / Exhaust and Ignition SYSTEMS, Transmission / Rearend / Gearing & Suspension upgrades as well as tires/wheels.
When I say Systems referenced above.... I mean just THAT ! Designed from front to back in all aspects at the onset as satisfactory support for the Engine & effort you are undertaking.

IMO, and in my experience ?
The "disappointments" from expectations.... ONLY happen from poor planning and cheaping out ! 'Nuff said !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

1974dodgecharger

What challenger340 said......in the end it will costs u a alot.

Dadkdko

Right on. See I don't mind spending the money as long as I know it's going somewhere. If I'm not warring my time. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me regardless

mopar0166

NOT TCI

If your doing the build refer to TSR Racing, great company

Dadkdko