News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

holy cow!!!! a 600hp 360

Started by RD, April 13, 2006, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

Quick, tell Mojo/Ponch about what he can do with his 360 before he drops it in! :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2006, 02:17:11 PM
Quick, tell Mojo/Ponch about what he can do with his 360 before he drops it in! :D

hey man...that Super RV cam my engine has should be good for at least 500 ponies... :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Mojo, did you get to see or hear the engine run before? Probably not too radical, but better than stock.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

That HP figure sounds a little low, better add a bit of NOSS, yo. O0

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2006, 02:33:38 PM
Mojo, did you get to see or hear the engine run before? Probably not too radical, but better than stock.

yeah, when i went to check it out the first time i asked the guy if it ran...it started right up and it sounded good. Obviously I'd like a monster motor some day...but in the situation im in right now, Im just happy to have something in it that runs.

BTW - that van had a Dana 60 with 4.10's. It's a shame it wouldnt fit in my car.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Old Moparz

I bet the Dana wouldn't be too far off on the fit, maybe someone in the tech forum can find out?

Can you measure the rear housing? Was it originally for the van?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2006, 02:51:58 PM
I bet the Dana wouldn't be too far off on the fit, maybe someone in the tech forum can find out?

Vainglory was telling me that the ends need to be cut and welded back in, etc etc...stuff for which i have neither the know how or tools to do it myself, or the $ to pay someone else to do it. Otherwise I would be all over that rear end (hehehe...if i had a nickel for everitime i say that...)

I actually asked the van's owner about it  - a) apparently it did come originally with it and b) he has no idea how much to sell it for  :icon_smile_evil: .

It's a 73 sportsman, if that info is pertinent.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch on April 13, 2006, 03:00:57 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2006, 02:51:58 PM

Vainglory was telling me that the ends need to be cut and welded back in, etc etc...stuff for which i have neither the know how or tools to do it myself, or the $ to pay someone else to do it. Otherwise I would be all over that rear end (hehehe...if i had a nickel for everitime i say that...)

I actually asked the van's owner about it  - a) apparently it did come originally with it and b) he has no idea how much to sell it for  :icon_smile_evil: .

It's a 73 sportsman, if that info is pertinent.

Never looked into whether the width would be much different, but I do recall something about the spring perches being different from trucks to cars. As for the value, if you could use it in a car without too many mods, the Danas fetch well over $1200 these days & I've seen them as high as $1600. You may want to see if it can work, & if the guy only wants a the weight as scrap, well, it might be a bargain.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Bandit72

Quote from: RD on April 13, 2006, 02:11:19 PM
:D :D yeah... right!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Magnum-Mopar-muscle-78-magnum-600hp-hot-rod_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ84155QQitemZ4629315714QQrdZ1

i really like those old magnums...this reminds me of a guy that used to live in my hometown who had a 93 ranger, that he swore to god had 300 horsepower because his 4 cylinder had the "rare dual plug setup"...oh well

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ponch on April 13, 2006, 02:45:48 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2006, 02:33:38 PM

yeah, when i went to check it out the first time i asked the guy if it ran...it started right up and it sounded good. Obviously I'd like a monster motor some day...but in the situation im in right now, Im just happy to have something in it that runs.

BTW - that van had a Dana 60 with 4.10's. It's a shame it wouldnt fit in my car.

Make it fit!
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BigBlockSam

QuoteMake it fit! 

spring perches can be moved and if it's only off acouple of inches, you can use a rim with a back spacing. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

greenpigs

600 HP..that clown wagon would be lucky to make 1hp\ci.

BTW mojo..that Dana might be worth getting as it sounds like it is worth at least a few hundred and a 4:10 is killer on the street..not so hot on the highway.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 13, 2006, 04:48:17 PM

Make it fit!

that's what she said.  ;D

Quote from: greenpigs on April 13, 2006, 05:12:27 PM
600 HP..that clown wagon would be lucky to make 1hp\ci.

BTW mojo..that Dana might be worth getting as it sounds like it is worth at least a few hundred and a 4:10 is killer on the street..not so hot on the highway.

ill have to ask him how much he'd take for it. Im running pretty low on funds because this whole engine project thing is nickel-and-diming me to poverty.

BigBlockSam

Quotethat's what she said.     

:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on April 13, 2006, 02:11:19 PM
:D :D yeah... right!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Magnum-Mopar-muscle-78-magnum-600hp-hot-rod_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ84155QQitemZ4629315714QQrdZ1

Its probably 600 Chevy Horse Power.   With the Chevy valves and the 4.11 posi     that would equal to 600 Chevy HP for sure!

Todd

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Danny Gutierrez

I actually like that magnum as a cool project car.  Of course those rear spring shackles and traction bars would be the first things to go!!  Looks like a fun car.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch on April 13, 2006, 05:30:44 PM

ill have to ask him how much he'd take for it. Im running pretty low on funds because this whole engine project thing is nickel-and-diming me to poverty.

Don't you have any credit cards to take an advance on? You know, like get the Dana for $300, pay $1200 in interest & you'll still be $100 ahead on the value. Time to start making some serious debt.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lightning

can't believe the guy put "chevy valves" in a mopar...it might make 600hp if it had a blower and a blonde on it.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 14, 2006, 08:36:46 AM
Quote from: Ponch on April 13, 2006, 05:30:44 PM

Don't you have any credit cards to take an advance on? You know, like get the Dana for $300, pay $1200 in interest & you'll still be $100 ahead on the value. Time to start making some serious debt.  :D

no...but the guy seems amenable to doing a payment plan thing.

either way, id want to make sure I could use it in the charger first.

Old Moparz

Sounds like a question for Chryco.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

262chargers

Quotemotor and trans built and installed over $65000.00 stop counting at $11,500.00
???   ::)

greenpigs

Ending bid of $1,426.  ;D

Thats about right.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free