News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my new toy, not a charger but still mopar

Started by cbrestorations, May 11, 2016, 09:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

I'm a charger guy, but I came across this car and thought it was just cool and according to galen it's 1 of 2. Cool options and color combo with Toro red and red interior.

tcs69rt

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

crj1968

72Charger72

myk

Cncguy

Cncguy

Hope to see the progress on this one. Will you be posting to another forum?

66FBCharger

Nice car!
What makes it 1 of 2? Is it the red interior?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

daveco

Awesome car, I'd love to hear the rest of the story on that one.
R/Tree

cbrestorations

Supposedly known there is only 2 cars like this one with Toro red paint, red interior, rear window louvers, go wing, 383, road lights and so on. The seller used to restore Cuda's but is getting up there in age and said he won't get to this one. The car had an engine fire that caused it to be parked and parted out. Galen was at the sellers property saw this car in the pasture and suggested to get it out of the field as it was a rare cool combo.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

66FBCharger

Do you have more pictures you could post?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

cbrestorations

Don't have a timeline, it's going to sit and I'll tinker on it and replace metal with time. I'm gonna try and keep the old patina paint, rat muscle it. Cheaper and I can enjoy it more thrashing

M5Ivan

Very cool car! Graveyard Carz did a Tor red 340 Cuda that they recently finished. Watched the episode last night.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cavemanno1

Wow,that's my second favourite car,'70 'cuda!Man you are lucky to be able to work on these cars.
Post more pictures if you don't mind,would love to see more of her!

Mytur Binsdirti

bigdsul

That's a hell of a find right there! It would be nice to see it restored to driver quality at least.

cbrestorations

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 12, 2016, 07:40:01 PM
What, no Shaker hood?   Pffft!

;)

I wish it did...I may just put one on it with a six pack

ws23rt

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 12, 2016, 08:28:41 PM
What, no Shaker hood?   Pffft!

;)

So that brings the question.  Should it be restored to original for greatest lasting value?   Or make it a resto mod?

Either one will attract buyers-- but not the same ones. :Twocents:

It's always a tough call about "highest and best use".  (A term used in real estate when a multi million dollar house is demolished to build another one on the same site ::)).

Who ever does something with this has some practical questions to answer. :Twocents:

crj1968

Quote from: ws23rt on May 12, 2016, 08:53:23 PM

;)

So that brings the question.  Should it be restored to original for greatest lasting value?   Or make it a resto mod?

It's always a tough call about "highest and best use".  (A term used in real estate when a multi million dollar house is demolished to build another one on the same site ::)).

Who ever does something with this has some practical questions to answer. :Twocents:

While more expensive to do, I think restoring it to original would be ideal. 

All depends on the cost to do it and what it'd be worth of course. but there is no shortage of people looking for such a car.

ws23rt

Quote from: crj1968 on May 12, 2016, 09:57:15 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on May 12, 2016, 08:53:23 PM

;)

While more expensive to do, I think restoring it to original would be ideal.  

All depends on the cost to do it and what it'd be worth of course. but there is no shortage of people looking for such a car.

I agree that bringing it back to original would be ideal. But I also recognize that this hobby is much more then what I see as the way to go.

Their is a large group that shy away from anything that may not pay off in some way down the line.--(IMO most :shruggy:)

Their are many that just want to bring back memories by working on something they had or wanted in the past.

Their are some in between the other two.

To me the best and most fun restos come from those with a passion for the cars and they have gone past the issue of getting their money back.

So let's say one spends years of effort on the car of their dreams. It is now done.
They kept track of all costs. (maybe not their own hours :D which have no value :nana:)
So what now? Is it time to cash in on all those hours and effort to realize the profit from the initial investment?

I guess I rant again about the most lasting issue of all---What's it worth??---  :slap:

cbrestorations

This is how I think of them...I didn't live in the days where they were driven daily and hotrodded. I'm going to do just that, I will not have a trailer queen but smoke tires, slide them around and get dirty. Only reason I got the Cuda is because of the cool options it has. yes while building it or after if someone approaches me with an offer I can't refuse it's theirs but I plan to enjoy the car, hell if someone wants to trade me an r/t charger project for it it's urs lol.

It is a rare option car, so I plan to keep it how she was born but since the original 383 is gone I see no harm in dropping a 440 in it with a a518 Trans for driveablility.  I have a 1967 440 with 915 heads, that will do the job. The color combo I like, so it will stay Toro red with red interior. I'm going to try and swap a rallye cluster instead of the regular one.  Some minor upgrades here and there like brakes and suspension but nothing that will alter the body except subframe connectors.

fc7_plumcrazy

congratulations Christian. !

Think it would be cool if the patina can survive

Carsten