News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally back from Paint!!!

Started by 69Chrgr, April 13, 2006, 09:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Well, here she is, 1 year of rotissierie and 1 year of paint and body. Paint brand is Sikkens black and has 3 coats of clear.

jwilk01

:o Holy moly that looks straight as an arrow.  Great work!!  Now the fun begins putting it back together, That was my favorite part.

Later
Josh

plum500

Shakey

Looks fantastic.

Keep us posted with lotsa pics.   :thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

That looks incredible!  All of a sudden I'm leaning towards black again.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Blown70

NYCMille

69 OUR/TEA

Looks great,more pics please!!!I love seeing pics in progress as I do my own body and paint.After my B5 69 R/T,I am doing a friends,(is a member here),triple black R/T SE 69.I should be at your stage in a few weeks.

Brock Samson

your kinda short huh?...   ;D

nice man,.. Very Nice!

73rallye440magnum

That looks great, thanks for sharing the pics!
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Todd Wilson

Looks great! Nice reflection!     How did you get it on and off the trailer with the car being hooked to the rolling frame?

Todd

69Chrgr

Thanks guys for all of the compliments. Just recently started posting. I wish more of ya'll lived closer by, but it seems like there just aren't many Mopars, much less Chargers down here in Texas. I'll also try to post some pic's of my Cuda too!! Damn I like it here!!

69Chrgr

I had two pieces of C-Channel that the Casters followed into. Oh yeah, that was my friend Perry in the reflection, not me. lol. Then I used a wench to just ease it down the C-channels ever so slightly. Here is a few more pic's.

runningman

4402tuff4u

Wow! nice mirror on wheels!! Awesome job, congratulations - keep up posted on the assembling of the charger!!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

Great looking Charger, congrats!! :cheers:
Keep us posted of your progress. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69Chrgr

Thanks again for all of the gracious compliments. Now I'm saving up for my Hemi. Probably from FHO seeing how a couple of you here have used them in your rides. :yesnod:

RT/SE

:o :o :o :o  Dang..........your Charger looks awesome!!!!!!  I have a fondness for Black Chargers.  Fellow member 69 Our/Tea will be doing the paint and body on mine once he finishes his Charger up. Love seeing the photos.  Keep them coming........TripleX9

Mefirst

topduarte

Quote from: 69Chrgr on April 13, 2006, 11:54:52 AM
Thanks guys for all of the compliments. Just recently started posting. I wish more of ya'll lived closer by, but it seems like there just aren't many Mopars, much less Chargers down here in Texas. I'll also try to post some pic's of my Cuda too!! Damn I like it here!!

Sweet ride!!  You are right about not many chargers here in Texas!!

What part of Texas are you located and who did the paint work?

69Chrgr

I live in Midlothian, which is about 40 miles South of Dallas. MasterCraft in Ovilla Texas did all of the rotisseirie and fab work and Connossieur Restorations finished out the body and paint work in Justin. I'll try to post the before pics and after it was media blasted. Believe me, after it was media blasted I was very depressed! :'( But MasterCraft and Connossieur Restorations bailed me out :laugh:

chargervert

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

greenpigs

I'd have an ulcer the size of a coffee can till it was all assembled.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

DC_1

great lookin!!!!.......makes me wanna work on my 69 instead of drivin the 68 now that the weather seems to have broke up here

Brock Samson

lookin again at that first pic. it looks like some kinda' charger dream levitating above the ground...  :icon_smile_wink:

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Dave22443

Very Nice!  I think its funny though, the VERY FIRST trim item he put on it was HEMI   ;D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlackDodge

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.............................but those wheels look funny man! :icon_smile_big:

4" Casters, yo!

BBD

Telvis

That's just plain purtty! Very nice! Congratulations!

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Telvis on April 14, 2006, 07:45:25 AM
That's just plain purtty! Very nice! Congratulations!

Telvis, did you get your Charger back?
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

PocketThunder

Original HEMI car?  with an A/C firewall cut in?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69Chrgr

No, it's originally a 383 White Hat Special car. I bought it off ebay back in 2003 from a guy in West Virginia. Brought it home, parked it next to the Cuda and started disassembling the car. It had about 3 different paint jobs but it was originally a Medium Metalic Blue I think.

tan top

wow looks awesome, now the fun part begins
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparsons

Where in WV was it? I live there and wondered if I knew them.

Steve P.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET..... :drool5:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparfied

Chargers look incredible in black. nice work. love the red stripe too.

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Supercharged Riot

How much did all that cost?

Restoration cost:

Paint:

Id like to know so I know what to expect if I did the same

69Chrgr

Well, moparsons, it was a guy named Tinker. He was selling a couple of Chargers, a Challenger, and a 68 or 69 Firebired. Looked like he had quite a few cars. Supercharged, I have about 26,000 total in rotisseirie, parts, labor, and paint. A place called Mastercraft performed the media blasting and sheetmetal work. Then a place in Justin Texas called Connossieur Restorations finished out the body work and paint. The paint is Sikkens black with 2 coats of clear, wet sanded twice, buffed, then glazed. The car was out of my posession for about 26 months. Now I just got to start putting back together. Trying to decide on place to build the Hemi, which I'm pretty sold on BEST Machine so far.

Brock Samson

69Chrgr

Let me ask you guys your opinion on something as I value it very much. Torque Thrust wheels or the chrome looking torque thrusts, I think Torque thrust II?

mikepmcs

I like the TTII's myself. If that is the only choice you are sticking too anyways.  I think a nice set of polished centerlines would look mint with that paint spread.
Nice friggin' car!!! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Arthu®

Not much a fan of the bling bling chrome look of the TTII's too much bling for me, but it also depends a lot on which size you are going with. The larger they get the more ugly they become in chrome in my opinion. There is just already that much chrome on these cars.

Arthur

Sorry almost forgot to tell you that the car looks beautiful, can't wait to see it complete. But I am sure you can't either. Great car and no matter what wheels you choose it will look awesome.
Striving for world domination since 1986

Brock Samson

the T.T. IIs are what i have, the polished ones... which are a good value but hard to maintain & some would say over-used...
Then there are what's  called just plain old "Torque Thrusts". the flat finished ones which were known back in the day as "Mags".
What about having those but maybe powder coating or  painting the spokes Gloss Black?..
Justa' thought.. I allways liked the way they looked on the Trans American Racing Cars. and there sure are alot of shiney Chromed wheels out there...

check it out.

http://www.powdercoatingit.com/images/Torque1.jpg

http://www.powdercoatingit.com/images/Torque1.jpg

69Chrgr

I agree. I won't go over 16 inch. In my opinion, musclecars, especially Mopars, do not look good with 18 inch and up wheels. Just my opinion. I have just always liked the nostalgic look of Torque thrust wheels.

Arthu®

I think the wheel in the pic that Strato posted is just gorgeous, but what about matching it the paint of the car?

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

mikepmcs

i do like that powder coating/paint idea strat mentioned as well.  that would really set that car off.  I just didn't like the matte look of the regular torque thrust, that always looked cheesy to me.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

The matte wheels on a car with matte hood or side trim looks great... INMO....  Also on many straight color cars.

IT'S OLD SCHOOL BABY............ :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

as I recall the original American Mags spokes were kinda green gray tan,.. depending on their age... but pretty light.

Steve P.

These are the wheels I have been trying to find for my 65'.  I have a set of 14 X 6. I want a set of 15 X 7. They only made these  for 4 years and not any wider than 7". Parnelli Jones closed the company once he made it big with enough sponcering. THE JERK..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69Chrgr

If I run disc brakes out back, can I still get away with 16 inch wheels?

JB94

JB94

Stockton Wheel makes these in 16x7 and 16x8.I thought these always looked good on the 69's.The black and chrome would go really well with your car.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: JB94 on May 12, 2006, 11:09:08 PM
Stockton Wheel makes these in 16x7 and 16x8.I thought these always looked good on the 69's.The black and chrome would go really well with your car.
:iagree:

JB94

These would look good also.I had a set on my '68 back in the 80's in 14x8 and 14x7.I agree that the torque thrusts II's are like belly buttons now.These are a nice alternative to TTII'S.I don't think they are offered in a 16 inch But I think you could pull off the 17's very nicely.

69Chrgr

Thanks JB94. Great to see ya' here. Yes, I agree, those look very nice indeed. :yesnod:

greenpigs

One thing the movie F&F did is, when I see Daisies I thnk of the black 70 in it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free