News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DELUSIONAL CHALLENGER FOR SALE BUTT UGLY FOR $250,000 LOL !

Started by GOTWING, April 25, 2016, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

GOTWING

tan top

I know each to their own !!  & there are guys out there who think we are nutts with 45 plus year old cars etc , 

but !  I honestly think ,  some guys / custom shops etc , should  have a court order served on them !  stating they never touch / work / modify any  vehicle .  :yesnod: :Twocents:  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

At least they did not wreck a brand new car

Just because you can does not always mean you should  :brickwall:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

68X426

What's the point?  Only a dog or small kids can use the jet hatch.  :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Only a Mercedes, De Lorean, or Bricklin can pull off the gull wing doors.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 68X426 on April 25, 2016, 12:54:45 PM

What's the point?  Only a dog or small kids can use the jet hatch.  :shruggy:

Well, it does allow easier access into the back seat and there is much more rear seat legroom now.  :eek2:

6spd68

When people are making custom cars like this, do they ever stop and think; "Who is my target market?  Who am I going to sell this to?"

I don't see where that thought process was when creating the gull winged monstrosity.  Was the builder surrounded by yes men who said; "Ya Willis!  Adding rear gull wing doors to a coupe is a great idea!  And that paint scheme?!?  Momma Mia!  That'll pull all the ladies!"

And I quote:
The owner of Clean Ride Customs, Bob Calvert,   is not wanting to let this one go....it was just completed last week and he has drove it out to eat twice...He's in love with it.

Perhaps he should keep it, as I don't see this thing moving for anywhere near what they're asking. :Twocents:

If I were Bob Calvert, this is what would be rolling through my brain:

Followed by; "I'M RUINED!!!"

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

lukedukem

Quote from: 6spd68 on April 26, 2016, 08:02:39 AM
When people are making custom cars like this, do they ever stop and think; "Who is my target market?  Who am I going to sell this to?"

I don't see where that thought process was when creating the gull winged monstrosity.  Was the builder surrounded by yes men who said; "Ya Willis!  Adding rear gull wing doors to a coupe is a great idea!  And that paint scheme?!?  Momma Mia!  That'll pull all the ladies!"

And I quote:
The owner of Clean Ride Customs, Bob Calvert,   is not wanting to let this one go....it was just completed last week and he has drove it out to eat twice...He's in love with it.

Perhaps he should keep it, as I don't see this thing moving for anywhere near what they're asking. :Twocents:

If I were Bob Calvert, this is what would be rolling through my brain:

Followed by; "I'M RUINED!!!"

Ed Roth and George Barris didn't. Not that I'm trying to justify any of this...
But i agree, the guy should keep it if he is so in love with it..

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mike DC

IMO that gullwing job is dressed & marketed wrong.  The way it is now, it's a clash of a sporty car and a limo.  But clashing a sporty car with almost anything else will usually fail.      

Imagine that car, painted all black, with an auto tranny, and marketed as a comfy limo rather than a sports car.  Now it looks more sellable.      

Oh yeah, and start the bidding with a zero taken off that price.  

-------------------------------------------------------

AARRGGHH!   :brickwall:

Would somebody PLEASE show all these modern Chally->Superbird builders how much better the idea looks with that wing height about a foot lower?!?

RallyeMike

The stretch Challenger looks awful, but what stretch car doesn't?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ponch ®

Believe it or not, the modern Challenger crowd generally tends to fawn and get erections over these Superbird/Daytona abominations. I personally don't get it. Its trying too hard to recreate something that never was.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

polywideblock

anybody else think "captain scarlet "    probably not, its  like thunderbirds  its  a pommy /aussie thing       :slap:    

anyway this is what I thought of straight away

maximum security vehicle

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 26, 2016, 07:38:11 PM
Believe it or not, the modern Challenger crowd generally tends to fawn and get erections over these Superbird/Daytona abominations. I personally don't get it. Its trying too hard to recreate something that never was.

Let those dead birds rest in peace...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 26, 2016, 10:19:15 AM

Would somebody PLEASE show all these modern Chally->Superbird builders how much better the idea looks with that wing height about a foot lower?!?

Somehow I dont think these people, who are already making a tribute to a B-body with what is a descendant of a an E-body, really care much for accuracy.

I really dont see much of a difference between this and making a GL 'tribute' out of a Neon.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

I wasn't suggesting lowering the wing for accuracy.  I just think it looks way more visually proportional that way.

70 sublime

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 27, 2016, 12:28:50 PM

I wasn't suggesting lowering the wing for accuracy.  I just think it looks way more visually proportional that way.

Maybe the wing is that high so you do not hit your head on it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

QuoteMaybe the wing is that high so you do not hit your head on it

Maybe the builder was high when he put that wing on.