News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger R/T non air vs 1969 Charger R/T with air valuation

Started by six-pack-mopar, April 20, 2016, 07:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-pack-mopar

Does the air condition option on a Charger R/T add or take away value on a similarly equipped Charger R/T without the A/C option?  Just curious.

chargerbr549

I think a lot of that depends on what climate you live in, up in the northern climates I would say not much difference but in the southern climates where it's hot and humid for long periods of time I would think the AC car would be more desirable.

marshallfry01

From what I can tell it doesn't change the value much. I'd rather have A/C if I had a choice in the matter.  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

RallyeMike

There are people who like and AC and also people who like a stripped down simple car like me. I think its a wash.

Maybe in time I think cars with AC, PW and other modern options are going to gain in value over cars without these conveniences. It's what everyone will expect. But don't hold your breath.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1969 R/T SE

in my opinion the ac in the 1968-1970 mopars do not work so I delete them most of the time.  :Twocents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1969 R/T SE on April 21, 2016, 08:53:56 AM
in my opinion the ac in the 1968-1970 mopars do not work so I delete them most of the time.  :Twocents:

I agree, no effect on price.  In Denver, its 460 AC (4 windows down at 60 mph) but down south you could not drive without AC so more of a comfort feature.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

1969 R/T SE

Even i know that and I'm only 23, the best ac is the windows down going 80 on the highway. :Twocents:

1969 R/T SE

tan top

I know this is not the answer to the original question ,  I've veered off track a little  !!

think AC  should  not have been / even been offered  in a R/T , an R/T option  is a performance version !! a Muscle Car ....  :Twocents:   leave AC power windows , sunroofs for  XP  &  SE cars  :P  , I mean no offence to anyone  , all awesome cars   :drool5:

given a choice  two identical R/T chargers , except  one with AC one with out !!  would take one with out , every time , even if the one with out cost more !
 :popcrn: :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

duanesterrr

A/C was not a determining factor at all for me in my search.  I don't have any of the engine components installed but would be something I would look to do if I was to drive across the country.  I think it is a nice to have option but does not change price.

Now, that being said, when you start piling the 'nice to have' options up it will change the value in the upward direction.

Charger-Bodie

I dont like these cars with a/c . atleast not r/t models. I want to open the hood and see a nice engine, not an octopus of lines and a second engine on top. just my opinion though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 21, 2016, 04:25:51 PM
I dont like these cars with a/c . atleast not r/t models. I want to open the hood and see a nice engine, not an octopus of lines and a second engine on top. just my opinion though.

Meh its not that bad....LOL

I can tell you this, if your '69 R/T is an original AC car DO NOT part with your underhood AC stuff....one year, big block only stuff....dont ask me how I know!  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Challenger340

Off Topic, but.... what was the parasitic HP loss on A/C Cars versus non ?   
I know it varies whether it is ON or not ? but it still may factor in desirability/price for some ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: tan top on April 21, 2016, 11:26:31 AM
I know this is not the answer to the original question ,  I've veered off track a little  !!

think AC  should  not have been  even been offered  in a R/T , an R/T option  is a performance version !! a Muscle Car ....  :Twocents:   leave AC power windows , sun roofs for  XP  &  SE cars  :P  , I mean no offence to anyone  , all awesome cars   :drool5:

given a choice  two identical R/T chargers , except  one with AC one with out !!  would take one with out , every time , even if the one with out cost more !

:iagree: :patriot:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Homerr

I would take an AC car every time.  Except I'd like to get a 70 Charger R/T 4-speed, so it would have never been an option (no AC w/ 4-spd R/T).  So it'll be an an aftermarket system.

My fair NW sensibilities are fine tuned for 60 +/- 15 degree weather, anything out of range requires AC.  (AC for defogging in cold weather.)

ht4spd307

most owners that don't have a/c don't like a/c & the ones that have it love it.i hated a/c in these muscle cars as i always thought they look messy in the engine bay but now that I'm a little older I'm now appreciating a/c as now i enjoy driving with a/c on hotter days also the kids and wife now don't mind going with me.so the answer to your question yes it will bring up the value in my opinion as it brings the family together and that in its self is the greater value  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

If I ever build one with a/c again,it will be a non air firewall etc. with a modern system. All lines hidden and the compressor hidden below the alternator.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DAY CLONA

Quote from: tan top on April 21, 2016, 11:26:31 AM

think AC  should  not have been / even been offered  in a R/T , an R/T option  is a performance version !! a Muscle Car ....  :Twocents:   leave AC power windows , sunroofs for  XP  &  SE cars  :P  , I mean no offence to anyone  , all awesome cars   :drool5:

I can agree with having no AC on a "muscle car", I don't want all that crap under the hood, I've deleted so many AC set ups from my cars over the years, converted back to non AC firewalls and changed out dashes, AC belongs on the "luxury" models

But I do like power windows and/or sunroofs on "musclecars", when your cruising on the highway with all the windows down enjoying the summer weather, and a high speed triple digit run breaks out with another car, power windows are nice to have, same with a power sunroof

So when I purchase a vehicle (musclecar) AC might be a selling point for the seller, but it's either a red flag for me to avoid the car, or beat the owner down in price because of the cost of removing/replacing with the "proper"performance components

Mike

chargerbr549

I remember years ago at a Dodge Charger meet we had a car cruise on a pretty hot day I had my windows rolled up on my 69 RT with the AC on and the engine staying cool with the bigger radiator also having the torque break the tires loose at will, most of the other Chargers didn't have AC and several of them were having overheating issues needless to say many of them were wanting to ride along with me, it was quite comical! Charger R/T with AC is a good combo and I even  consider it a Muscle Car too!  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

No A/C on my 68 or 69 Charger, didn't want it, would not buy them with it either.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

VegasCharger

My 68 non R/T has A/C and it's going to stay A/C.   :cheers:

If my Charger was an R/T and if I lived in Alaska it would have A/C.  :cheers:

If my Charger was an R/T and if I lived in Florida it would have A/C.  :cheers:

A/C all the way BABY!!!

Living in Vegas it cracks me up when I see a new car in the late afternoon on a hot August day with their windows rolled down in stop-n-go traffic.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Yea go ahead and save your stinkin' pennies on fuel cost just to suffer in the blazing heat :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

alfaitalia

They wont save any pennies....the drag caused by having all the windows rolled down far out weighs the extra load put on by have the ac compressor doing its thing at anything above about 40 mph!
I'm really hopping that when I find my Charger is has AC....although I may have to get one without through lack of choice here. I've got so used to driving cars with AC (even though they are mostly old inc my 04 Grand Cherokee that I drive now) that I really don't like it without. We have a works Ford Ranger without...all the others do...and I try hard to drive anything but that one. And I don't live in a hot country....don't think I could stand it with the heat those of you who live in the South have to contend with!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!