News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car won't start

Started by slyfox, April 24, 2016, 06:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

enters the channel.

(07:05:27) slyfox: Hi, I own a 76 Cordoba with a 400, installed a 4 barrel Elderbrock intake, and a 600 cfm Elderbrock carb. car won't start, I have to pour gas in the carb.to get it started, and I have to do it a few times. So this morning car is cold, check to see if any fuel going in the carb, while I'm pump it at the carb, I see no fuel coming out, tried it about 8 times still no squirting of fuel going in the carb. What can be the problem., When it does start, I have to play with the gas pedal to keep it going a bit, then once warmed up, she starts ok. Thanks for your help...Sly

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

nvrbdn

Sounds as though your float bowl isn't holding fuel while sitting idle.  :scratchchin:

Is this carb new, or used? If the accelerator pump is working properly, then there is no fuel to pump.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

slyfox

yes the choke works great once it's started.

slyfox

The carb. is used, but got it rebuilt kit put in it 2 years ago, was running good, only got about 5000 miles on it if that. I know I have to let her get to regular tempature  before I can leave, or it just wants to stall.