News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cable through wing?

Started by Hemi Runner, April 05, 2016, 06:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: Lennard on April 07, 2016, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on April 07, 2016, 03:02:00 PM
Let this be a lesson to you all!!   Factory parts are race tested tough!     :2thumbs:
The one that broke was a hollow aluminum wing, now they have a solid one on there.

Nascar raced wings were all hollow. What they needed are the inner reinforcements - the 2 aluminum pipes that go up into the wing and were anchored to the trunk floor.   Did the horizontal stabilizer stay intact, or did it snap in two ?

I'd guess, that on a drag car, the weight of a solid wing would help traction.   :Twocents:  
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lennard

It was the horizontal piece that snapped under too much down force.

odcics2

Quote from: Lennard on April 08, 2016, 08:26:08 AM
It was the horizontal piece that snapped under too much down force.

Ah...  A repop cast horizontal is not as good as the hollow OEM extruded part.

This brings up a good question. On OEM wings, they made some solid horizontal stabilizers, but most are extruded hollow. Were the solid ones cast or extruded?    :shruggy:

A383Wing

I got the wing off my car and all apart....will post pics and descriptions in a new thread either tonight or tomorrow

Bryan

odcics2

Quote from: A383Wing on April 11, 2016, 07:15:47 PM
I got the wing off my car and all apart....will post pics and descriptions in a new thread either tonight or tomorrow

Bryan

Looking forward to it...  :2thumbs:

A383Wing