News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Calling computer experts..

Started by Todd Wilson, January 14, 2009, 01:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

How can I rip a picture out of a web site that has been locked so I cant right click and save as?

Todd

terrible one

Perhaps not the best way, but what I do when faced with such a predicament is I will take a screen shot, paste said screen shot into Photoshop, Paint, whatever, and cut said picture out and save it.

Hemidog

Quote from: terrible one on January 14, 2009, 01:43:57 AM

Perhaps not the best way, but what I do when faced with such a predicament is I will take a screen shot, paste said screen shot into Photoshop, Paint, whatever, and cut said picture out and save it.
:iagree: use the printscreen button.

mikepmcs

There is another way.

When you pull up the picture you want(the one that won't let you copy it)  right click on the picture, on the drop down menu(you know the one that will usually have save picture as but doesn't in this case)
anyway, select the "save page as" link.  Your popup window will come up with something like productdetail.aspx.  Save it as this to your desktop and once it downloads you should have two new folders on your desktop.  One folder will be the productdetail.aspx. Don't worry about that one.  Look for the other folder that looks like a new folder icon on your desktop and double click it.  It should have every picture or display banner, icon, etc... that was on that page and hopefully your pic will be the size you want.  If not it doesn't matter cause you can go to your photo program and adjust as necessary and print or whatever. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

for instance, if, and only if (cause this is just theoretical/hypothetical...whatever etical you want to call it) as I wouldn't want to do anything that could be construed as infringement, I wanted this picture.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

so i clicked on it to make it bigger and save and it wouldn't let me so, I right clicked and selected save page as

mikepmcs

saved to desktop as productdetail.aspx and 2 folders came up, i selected the folder that my mouse pointer is on and viola, all the pics for that page came up and my elusive pic was the second one in.

mikepmcs

clicked on it and my photo program brought it up for me to do with as I please and resize etc....

mikepmcs

Now, if someone would be so kind as to school me on how to post up print screen images and save them as files that will link up on this site I would appreciate it.  That way I can use my very expensive camera for something else. :icon_smile_cool:

I have open office .org  I dont have word or any other program if that helps. So no .PPS files for me.

And yes....that is Marisa Tomei on my desktop background. :laugh:

Mike

TruckDriver

The only problem with the way you show Mike is that you can't do that with the new Barrett-Jackson website. I used to save a lot of the car pictures off their site for my collection. But now when you right click, you get a pop-up saying "Right Click Disabled". I beeen coping the wording by going up to the "Edit" drop down, but can't copy the pictures unless I do a screen print.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Turn off "Active Scripting" and reload the page or pull the image out of your browser cache.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Troy on January 14, 2009, 11:12:52 AM
Turn off "Active Scripting" and reload the page or pull the image out of your browser cache.

Troy

I can't find either setting even looking in "Tools"  and after doing a file search on my computer :-\
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Troy

Thats what I was looking for! You da man!  A dude on ebay was selling this photo for 150$. He had a nice large photo of it but had it disabled. I could right click and save it after going thru your instructions!! THANKS!

Todd

This will look good framed with my old radios!   :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

If you wanted to do it another way, check out:

http://www.kingkongcapture.com/

It's a free program that allows you to clip out and save whatever section of a screen/page that you want to.

Works great, as I have saved several pages/pictures from other auction and car listing pages that have the same protection on right-click-save operations.

:Twocents:

Troy

That's cool Todd!

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 14, 2009, 12:02:00 PM

Troy

I can't find either setting even looking in "Tools"  and after doing a file search on my computer :-\
In the Internet Explorer menu go to Tools->Internet Options. When the new window opens choose the "Security" tab. Click on the "Internet" icon then click "Custom Level". In the new window scroll all the way down near the bottom to the "Scripting" options.

There's an Add On for Firefox to disable this stuff with one click. Another Add On will allow you to download all media on a page.

Troy

TruckDriver

Thank you Troy. I always forget I can click on the other icons to change settings too. Just one of those DOH! moments.....again :P
PETE

mikepmcs

Quote from: Troy on January 14, 2009, 02:09:23 PM

There's an Add On for Firefox to disable this stuff with one click. Another Add On will allow you to download all media on a page.

Troy

Anyone care to walk me through this add on firefox thingy to accomplish this.  And I mean cartoon language and hold my hand type walk me through.
thanks

Mike

Troy

Using Firefox, go here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1237

Read. Click the big green button that says "Add to Firefox". Follow the instructions.

Troy

mikepmcs

holy crap it worked.  I can right click now and save that picture I posted above.  saawwwwweeeeeeet!

Thanks Troy.

Now, how about the print screen option question I asked above, any takers on that one.

v/r
Mike

Troy

If it was already on the web and you just saved it to your computer then you don't need to do anything to display it on the web again. However, if you edited it, you need to save the new file in a format that can be used on the web - usually jpeg or jpg.

Troy