News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you pay for this 68??

Started by C500, April 11, 2006, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

(If it were in the US) - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=53377991

Numbers matching survivor, optioned with electric windows, factory tinted glass, wood grain wheel. Has original paint and was a California car all its life-and one owner (until 3 years ago). Has build sheet and fender tag, no rust.  :o

Cheers,
Kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Brock Samson

looks good in those pics but i'd sutre wanna see alot more detailed pics..  :scope:

Chris G.

For 50K? Not me. Is there actual bids at that price? If so, where do I sign up to auction off a car?

C500

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 11, 2006, 08:28:26 PM
For 50K? Not me. Is there actual bids at that price? If so, where do I sign up to auction off a car?

the 50k is in New Zealand dollars- about 30k USD. I had more detailed pics emailed to me, looks pretty good, but still pretty expensive especially for a non R/T car

Kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Chris G.

30K is a much better start, but still too much cash IMO.

John G

Even if it was in perfect shape, 30K is a bit high. If the interior is in good shape and there is no rust, 20K would be more like it.

ChargerBill

You just cannot compare the $50K NZ to what it would go for in the US. The price in NZ (aside from the exchange rate) is going to be somewhat inflated due to supply and demand...you know, scarcity. If Chargers were AS rare here in the US that car would go for $100K American easily, or more. Sure it's a $20K to $22K car here (paint looks marginal ;) ) but I think that is probably a fair price in NZ.
Life is a highway...

bull

Probably $14k-$16k USD seeing what I see and not knowing all the facts. It obviously needs body work and paint and if it has the original interior that's going to need work.

limey

Bill is right, very often guys in the states get appalled at what we (non US Mopar fans) have to pay to obtain/restore/service Mopars. But you have to remember for us it is a similar price premium to buying a Ferrari in the States. Someone had to pay the shipping, taxes, registration, homologation charges. It can often add at least 30% to the price. As always it always comes to supply and demand...and for us "rich" "Gas guzzling countries"- US, UK, most of Europe, Australia, NZ etc we will keep shelling out the $$$ for what we want. In the UK for instance, I think there are between 200-250 Chargers.....67 million people....go figure! ;D
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

C500

Quote from: ChargerBill on April 12, 2006, 01:51:50 AM
You just cannot compare the $50K NZ to what it would go for in the US. The price in NZ (aside from the exchange rate) is going to be somewhat inflated due to supply and demand...you know, scarcity. If Chargers were AS rare here in the US that car would go for $100K American easily, or more. Sure it's a $20K to $22K car here (paint looks marginal ;) ) but I think that is probably a fair price in NZ.

It is still comparabale as alot of NZ Chargers bought recently have been purchased in the US. Here there are less Chargers bought from within NZ than ones bought from America, so the prices are still worth comparing, taking into consideration what we would pay for shipping, tax and of course the exchange rate. I am mainly interested in knowing if a car in this state with these options and numbers matching ect is worth much more than something without these options, different engine, painted...... :icon_smile:

Thanks guys!  :thumbs:

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 11, 2006, 08:43:21 PM
30K is a much better start, but still too much cash IMO.

I agree. Kind of steep for a non R/T (440) Charger. It does have it's share of options, however still not the high performance package. I value it at between $ 20k - 25k.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Carlwalski

IMHO, that was a little high...40K was more like it which was his starting bid.  :-X
It was a survivor but it needed some work...engine bay is in need of some decent TLC as was the interior.

It would have cost about $20K+ to get that car to a decent quality.
$20K + $60K = $80K and that 20K is minimal, paint and parts alone would set you back more.

Though, someone thought it was worth it.  :icon_smile_approve:
I would rather spend $45-$50K NZD and get a completely restored 68 Charger in what ever color you find.

Save an easy 20K+. You just have to know a few people and be confident.
I have a guy who can ship a car from anywhere in the US/Canada for $2100 NZD to my local port.
Takes about 4-5 weeks and all paper work, registration and Vining is done and included in the price.

Cheers,
Carl
NZ440R/T

:icon_smile_big:

Here are some more photos of that car.

C500

I agree Carl with what you say.
That car could end up again on there next week and I bet it wouldn't get sold for that price. It had one bid, then buy now by the same guy. I thought it would have been worth around 40. I had those same pics emailed to me too.

Duncan

Carlwalski

Yeah, quite unreal actually....that guys IMO got raped. lol  :icon_smile_big:
You looking for a car mate?  :icon_smile_wink:

What are you wanting? Your not down South by any chance are you?
You know a guy called Dave Humphries?

Cheers,
Carl
NZ440R/T

Darkness

That's too high of a price. There's better deals to be had.

C500

Quote from: NZ440R/T on April 15, 2006, 08:03:04 PM

Yeah, quite unreal actually....that guys IMO got raped. lol  :icon_smile_big:
You looking for a car mate?  :icon_smile_wink:

What are you wanting? Your not down South by any chance are you?
You know a guy called Dave Humphries?

Cheers,
Carl
NZ440R/T

I have a 68 charger already, am casually looking for something else mopar :drive:.  enquired about the superbee on Trademe, (my id is generallee, kiwi68 on the NZ mopar forum). No I don't know Dave Humphries :shruggy:, Is he the guy who can bring in the cars you talk of. I am in Taupo too.

Cheers,Dunk

Carlwalski

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 16, 2006, 12:04:46 AM
I have a 68 charger already, am casually looking for something else mopar :drive:.  enquired about the superbee on Trademe, (my id is generallee, kiwi68 on the NZ mopar forum). No I don't know Dave Humphries :shruggy:, Is he the guy who can bring in the cars you talk of. I am in Taupo too.

Cheers,Dunk

Hey Duncan, I remember you now, we've exchanged a few emails before. lol  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:
Yip, I just saw you tonight on NZMoParForum.  :icon_smile_cool: Nice Charger.  :icon_smile_wink:

Nope, Dave is a friend of mine down in Nelson, owns a 1971 340 Cuda, Lemon Twist.  :icon_smile_big:

Hey, I am starting a NZMoparRegisrty website, 1960-1974 American Mopars...E,B A Body etc....
If your interested I would love to have your car on my site.

I'll need the following:

- Your name (last name is optional)
- Location (just city)
- Car details: Color, engine/trans, options and VIN # and Fender tag options (which I'll decode and list).
- When it came into New Zealand and how many owners it's had.
- A little story about it (100 words or less basically) Where you found it, condition etc...
- Last but certainly not least good clear photos of your car (digital preferred) As many as you like......

It's basically so people in NZ have somewhere to log into, check out other American MoPars see where they all are, options, color etc......

Let me know mate.
Cheers,
Carl
NZ440R/T

C500

Carl, the registry is an excellent plan  :2thumbs:, I will send you an email with the details. When you have the site running, I will spread the word, help you get as many as possible registered.

Duncan

Carlwalski

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 16, 2006, 04:34:20 PM
Carl, the registry is an excellent plan  :2thumbs:, I will send you an email with the details. When you have the site running, I will spread the word, help you get as many as possible registered.

Duncan

AWESOME!!!! Thanks mate, that is what I need MoPar guys like you to help the site!  :yesnod:
Just be good for people to log in and FINALLY see what we do have down here (or very close to an exact number of cars).

My email is: nz440rt@xtra.com

I hope you don't mind but I used your Car in my main page display photo, looks good. (All cars are from New Zealand).
I know 4 of the cars and their owners in it......whaddya think!?
This will be on a black page in the middle and all cars will look like there floating. Looks really neat on the main page.....

I have registered and page for the domain/website name, it's: www.nzmoparregistry.com  :icon_smile_big:
The easiest one and what you'd say if someone asked: New Zealand Mopar Registry.

Cheers Duncan,
Carl

:icon_smile_wink:

C500

Carl,

I'm totally fine with you using my car!!!!  ;)

I clicked on the link, and it says page unavailable  ???,( the name is perfect though.)

I was out today in the Charger, took 75 pics in front of the lake, so got a couple of goodies to email you. One example below.

Duncan

C500

btw, the link to your email address should be .co.nz not .com, tried sending one which got rejected  :icon_smile_wink:

Dunk

Carlwalski

Sorry mate, my bad....you managed to send it through though. My email was: nz440rt@xtra.co.nz
I won't be able to add your car for about a week though, I'm organising the sites format.  :icon_smile_big:

The site is loaded and registered fine now: www.nzmoparregistry.com  :yesnod:

Cheers bud,
Carl
NZ440R/T

C500

I got your email address from the Mopar forum site.

The registry is looking good :2thumbs:

Carlwalski

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 17, 2006, 08:16:36 PM
I got your email address from the Mopar forum site.

The registry is looking good :2thumbs:

Thanks mate, so is you Charger!!  :yesnod: :icon_smile_tongue:
That's next on my list: triple or black/black 68 Charger or a General Lee.  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers bud,
Carl
NZ440R/T
www.nzmoparregistry.com

SeattleCharger

In the Auto Trader Old Car book last week a red '68 Charger R/T with a 440, car fully restored was going for  $59,995 U.S dollars.   

That is very high, the value guide Washington State uses, last year, had a #1 car, best condition category, listed at about 30,000 US dollars , maybe it was 34 K, if I remember correctly.    So have these cars appreciated that much in one year?  WOW, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.