News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger RMP for the NYPD

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 01, 2006, 06:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

A friend of mine from the NYPD sent me these.......what do you think?     :stirthepot:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

NHCharger

I hate to admit that I kinda like it. The town next to me (Lee, NH) just got a Charger cop car. They do look a lot tougher than the crown vic's.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Just 6T9 CHGR

I'd like to get pulled over by one while driving my 69......the ultimate photo op!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Johnny SixPack

Yep, they make for a great cop car  :police: :

Shoulda just called it the Enforcer.  :stirthepot:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

70charginglizard

Quote from: formula_440 on April 01, 2006, 05:58:47 PM
Yep, they make for a great cop car  :police: :

Shoulda just called it the Enforcer.  :stirthepot:

Cop car, sure
Taxi cap, Why not.
Rental car, of corse

Modern Muscle car. Sorry...I aint buyin it.
70charginglizard

Mefirst

If a cop arrested me and wanted me to sit in the back seat of that car, I would demand another transport ride to jail...

694spdRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 01, 2006, 04:23:34 PM
I'd like to get pulled over by one while driving my 69......the ultimate photo op!

I am sure that could be arranged pretty easy....well at least the getting pulled over part.  :drive:  ;D

I have been a little afraid to mention that my wife is wanting one of the new Charger's for her next car  :-\
I guess it is better than the Mercury Sable we have now. Suprisingly, they still don't have any deals for financing or cash back on them or the Magnum yet.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Ghoste

That's funny, cuz my wife has a Tore-us which she likes and I hate.  Anyway, last summer she kind of delicately broached the subject about the new Charger and what I thought of it.  She was greatly relieved when I told because she thought it was a pretty ugly car and she was worried I'd insist on getting one just because it says Charger on it. 
As for it being used in police service, it'll likely make for a fine patrol car.

Crazy Larry

Crown Vics looks more classical than the Charger - as a cop car, they are big and tough.
That NYPD Charger looks faggy in white and light blue. The Cron Vics, white with light blue, at least pull off the tough Cop look.

The NYPD Charger looks like it should be patroling a mall parking lot and ticketing teenagers for throwing a bubble-gum wrapper on the ground.

Steve P.

I wanta order mine just like that... :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

rt green

at least their good for something
third string oil changer

Big Lebowski

I can't wait for the next Blues Brothers movie, maybe they'll crash 150 new Chargers filming the movie.  :icon_smile_shock:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Drache

Quote from: Big Lebowski on April 02, 2006, 10:41:02 PM
I can't wait for the next Blues Brothers movie, maybe they'll crash 150 new Chargers filming the movie.  :icon_smile_shock:

In a Walker Texas Ranger episode he crashed an '06 Charger!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Brock Samson

i wonder how long those rims will last?..  :-\

TheGhost

Quote from: Crazy Larry on April 02, 2006, 04:51:48 AM
Crown Vics looks more classical than the Charger - as a cop car, they are big and tough.

Since when?  They look far from tough, looking far too much like the Grand Marquis I see old people driving around.

The Charger will be a much superior cop car than the Crown Vic.  Better hp, better handling, probably better gas milage, as well.  I've heard quite a few cops talk about how the Crown Vic was only an "adequate" pursuit car, and that they missed those Caprice/Impala cop cars they had in the mid 90s.  And, looks do not matter in the LEAST for cop cars, so don't bother using the "But it's ugly" line.  I honestly think you had to reach for those comments.  Seriously.

Although, that is a pretty damn ugly color scheme.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

red72chrgr

Gotta make use of 'em somehow   :laugh: Georgia Highway Patrol has some.
Nothing personal, just business

bull

Still ugly. Still not a Charger.