News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 HEMI- hydraulic roller cam & lifters

Started by 62nwhite, March 30, 2016, 12:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

62nwhite

Has any of the Hemi guys have experience putting a hyd roller cam in 426 Hemi. Any machining to block or heads? I know I have to change the pushrods. Cam is nothing big. Going in a street Hemi.

charge69

Hello and welcome to the forum.  My Charger has a Hemi with a custom Hyd. roller cam made by CompCams. As you noted, you will need new custom push rods.  I installed all new OEM rocker arms also as my rockers were worn enough to be a concern. My engine had a little over 82K miles on it when it was rebuilt but, sat for about 25 years before I rebuilt it.
The heads had to be cut just a little for the push rods to clear, cannot remember how much but, it was just a small amount.
I'm very happy with the outcome.

Carl

68X426

My 505 Hemi has a custom grind hydraulic roller Comp Cam, Crane lifters, and custom Smith Brothers push rods.  INDY heads, all custom work.  Unfortunately it has INDY rockers and they have been a problem, extra work done there. 

I did none of the work, a specialty Mopar builder did it for the previous owner.  My point is that I am pretty sure you can expect to do machining to the block and heads.  I don't know that you can avoid it, or that it would be reasonable to even try (to not machine).

:popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow