News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Rod retainer bushing

Started by crj1968, March 28, 2016, 01:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Does anyone know where I can get the little brake rod retainer bushing?  
Mancini has them for $4 (which is whatever) but apparently you need a minimum order of some undisclosed amount with them.  :shruggy:

I found a part number 2074960 and tried to order from some dealership but got refunded as obsolete.

Do they come with new master cylinders maybe?

Wow Jims has them for a mere $34.95 .   WTH?   That has got to be a typo.

NEW!
KQ-BB1A    Master Cylinder Push Rod SEAL (Goes on the plunger rod that goes through the KQ-BB1 boot)   Various Make & Model   $ 34.95

John_Kunkel

The retainer is just a short length of rubber hose (like thin wall vacuum hose). Somebody must have one to take measurements from.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

F that gimme yer address, I'll send ya one. PM me. (This is for manual brakes.)

crj1968

Thanks ! 

I saw your post looking for kick down parts earlier. I was going take pics and see if any of what I have is what you need. 

John_Kunkel

Quote from: b5blue on March 28, 2016, 05:20:57 PM

Why not post the dimensions if you have one?

crj1968

In case anyone else is looking---

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BPR-G

You sure it's just a piece of hose John? It has a notch in it, not sure why.
I'll check it out closer when I get it from B5blue.    :2thumbs:

b5blue

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 29, 2016, 02:14:00 PM
Quote from: b5blue on March 28, 2016, 05:20:57 PM

Why not post the dimensions if you have one?
Okay found it John....mounted on the brake's push rod it measures 1/2" wide (Thick side to side.) and is 1/4" long (Along the rod.) the small scooped out indent is 1/8" wide running front to back and just about as deep as the rounded button end of the tip on the end of the rod. (That sicks into the master.)
  I think the indent is to allow flex and air to move, possibly vent brake fluid if the seal for the master leaked and some got in there. The darn thing was really stuck in there good when I pulled this rod to install an adjustable one. It's like new, still soft I'll use a dental pick to get it off the rod.
  Chris is lucky my manual disk master came with one so he can have this one.

b5blue

Okay removed, the hole in the center is 1/4" as is the indent for it on the shaft sot tube wall thickness is spot on 1/8".  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I have just installed a piece of vacuum hose on the brake rod that goes into the master when I have had to replace the master cylinders....works just fine

John_Kunkel

Quote from: crj1968 on March 29, 2016, 02:30:33 PM
You sure it's just a piece of hose John? It has a notch in it, not sure why.

Well, what's described above is an ordinary piece of 1/8" wall 1/4" rubber hose cut to a length of 1/4".