News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake distribution valve

Started by fizz, March 28, 2016, 08:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizz

I have a 70 with a safety T/proportioning valve and separate distribution Valve T(leaking) that leads to the front brakes. I would like to remove the distribution valve and connect the front brake lines to the front brake ports on the saftey T. I would also like to remove the Guts of the pro portioning valve at the front brake inlet and replace it with an inline adjustable prop valve in the rear brake line. It would be similar to a street rod setup I put together. Am I missing something? Would I need to install a residual valve?

BLK 68 R/T

If i am understanding what you are referring to correctly...then I don't see why not? as long as you have a distribution valve that connects all the lines and a proportional valve - adjustable or otherwise installed to regulate pressure to the rear brakes then you should be good.

fizz

I am unsure of what the valve at the inlet of the T for the front brakes is, if it does not activate the fronts until a certain pressure is reached or if it some kind of residual valve

BLK 68 R/T

Can you post some pics of the valves you are referring too?