News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EFI for stock 440 ????

Started by graybo, March 27, 2016, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I would like to hear from anyone that has used, or is using, an EFI system on a stock 440 B body.  I am taking a cross country trip in my superbird and would like to see if this 2 - 3 thousand dollar complete kit is worth the change.  Holley, EZ, Edelbrock, and others have kits. Please just let me know if they work.  CARB GUYS... No offense but I don't want to hear about your carb tuning skills.....My carb works fine but would like to see the benefits of modern tech....  Please respond if you have changed from carb to EFI throttle body.  THANKS GUYS.

BLK 68 R/T

myk

EFI is all the rage right now.  A considerable amount of people here are using the Fitech system, and I'm pretty sure it's much cheaper than the $2-3K systems from everyone else.  Search around, you'll find the threads.  Or, there's the thead that's three below this one...

Dutchrunner

Perhaps look online for the Efi artical Hotrod or Cracraft magazine did about 1 year ago.
Not shure which one.
Was good artical.

John_Kunkel

There's a rumor that FI Tech will introduce a less expensive unit with a HP limit lower than the current 600 HP limit.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

garner7555

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 28, 2016, 05:04:30 PM

There's a rumor that FI Tech will introduce a less expensive unit with a HP limit lower than the current 600 HP limit.

It is listed for sale already.   :yesnod:    Up to 400 HP.   It is about 200 bucks cheaper than the 600HP version if I remember correctly.     :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

69wannabe

Fi tech has a pretty good set up with the fuel command center and the 600 hp throttle body. $1400 and maybe another $100 bucks or so and your up and running. I have been running it for about a month now and after a call or two to the tech dept I have it running pretty good. The instructions are easy to follow and the only thing that I wish they had was a guide line of what all your readings should be on the handheld and if it isn't in the range it should be then it should tell you what to do or adjust to get it in the proper range but one phone call and they told me what to do so I really can't complain much. Maybe a little troubleshooting sheet would be a good idea. It's pretty smooth even with the cam I have so in a stock engine it would be really smooth and responsive!!!

igozumn

I finally got to drive mine last night.  Only have 60 miles on it, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  I'd order up the $800 unit when it comes available and never look back.  I haven't totaled my receipts, but I think I'm under/at $2k.  Have to do that this weekend between garage cleanup and drive time!!!!  Lots and lots of drive time.   :drive:
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

John_Kunkel

Quote from: 69wannabe on March 31, 2016, 10:46:09 PM
The instructions are easy to follow and the only thing that I wish they had was a guide line of what all your readings should be on the handheld and if it isn't in the range it should be then it should tell you what to do or adjust to get it in the proper range

Did you browse through this?

http://fitechefi.com/virtualoffice_files/HandheldcontrollerfeatureDefinitions.pdf
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69wannabe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 01, 2016, 03:57:28 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on March 31, 2016, 10:46:09 PM
The instructions are easy to follow and the only thing that I wish they had was a guide line of what all your readings should be on the handheld and if it isn't in the range it should be then it should tell you what to do or adjust to get it in the proper range

Did you browse through this?

http://fitechefi.com/virtualoffice_files/HandheldcontrollerfeatureDefinitions.pdf

Yes, I did look through these but it didn't really say which way to adjust this or that and how much to try to see if it makes a difference and what symptom to adjust for. I guess it would be nice to have a troubleshooting chart so you can see what to adjust for this symptom or that symptom. It's running really good tho so maybe i'm just being too picky....

miller time

Let me start off with I'm a carb guy
So why do you want to switch to the dark side? Fuel economy, more power, reliability or?
Just curious about your reasoning
Good luck, don't break it and don't go broke :2thumbs:

Troy

Quote from: miller time on April 01, 2016, 11:29:57 PM
Let me start off with I'm a carb guy
So why do you want to switch to the dark side? Fuel economy, more power, reliability or?
Just curious about your reasoning
Good luck, don't break it and don't go broke :2thumbs:
I like to drive - not screw with the car. I also drive in all (ok, most all) weather and temperatures. Having EFI is about drivability and lack of frustration for me. If it gets better mileage then it's only a bonus. However, if it's is more enjoyable to drive I can bet the mileage isn't going to improve. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.