News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

QA1 front suspension kit

Started by NitroNeal, March 23, 2016, 06:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Quote from: HPP on April 15, 2016, 08:35:17 AM
Quote from: NitroNeal on April 15, 2016, 07:50:45 AM
WOW, did this thread go around the world. I started it looking for some input from somebody actually owning and driving  a complete QA1 setup hopefully with the borgeson box. Haven't really seen that yet. Got lots of opinions, even got a WTF from one guy. Guess I just need to get mine  together and report back.

There is a member on here that was involved of the development of the QA1 unit, has it in his car, and runs it hard. However, he does not get on here regularly. You might need to do some digging to find details from him on it, but there are some here. Screen name slips my mind right now.

MSRacing89.

Here is his car:
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1203phr-1968-dodge-charger/

garner7555

I installed the K member and lower control arms in my car.   Borgeson box is ordered, but on backorder.   :brickwall:    Unfortunately it will be 2017 before I get my car back on the road to give you a report.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

myk

The Borgeson box is back ordered until 2017?!

Kern Dog

No, that is when Garner gets Parole.   :smilielol:

garner7555

Quote from: myk on April 15, 2016, 06:52:34 PM

No, sorry to scare you MYK.  It was suppose to ship out April 5th but they keep changing the date.   I think they are saying late May now, so it may end up being next year before I get one.   :brickwall:    The reason I can't test drive until 2017 is I'm just starting to reassemble my car after paint.  I am shooting to be driving it next summer.   :2thumbs: 
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

myk

Ah.  Well it serves me right for procrastinating the purchase.  I hope everything gets sorted out for you...

Kern Dog

NitroNeal

Quote from: garner7555 on April 15, 2016, 10:23:03 PM

No, sorry to scare you MYK.  It was suppose to ship out April 5th but they keep changing the date.   I think they are saying late May now, so it may end up being next year before I get one.   :brickwall:    The reason I can't test drive until 2017 is I'm just starting to reassemble my car after paint.  I am shooting to be driving it next summer.   :2thumbs: 

Looking @ Jegs last night, they were showing 5/17 as ship date.

NitroNeal

Quote from: myk on April 15, 2016, 10:41:34 AM
Quote from: HPP on April 15, 2016, 08:35:17 AM
WOW, did this thread go around the world. I started it looking for some input from somebody actually owning and driving  a complete QA1 setup hopefully with the borgeson box. Haven't really seen that yet. Got lots of opinions, even got a WTF from one guy. Guess I just need to get mine  together and report back.

There is a member on here that was involved of the development of the QA1 unit, has it in his car, and runs it hard. However, he does not get on here regularly. You might need to do some digging to find details from him on it, but there are some here. Screen name slips my mind right now.

Thanks, neat article. I'm going to do a little milder version of that. Not that much tire or brake, prob. 1.03 torsion bars. I am ready to buy the box, just haven't decided to get in line yet. I'm doing a nut/bolt rotisere and I'm buying building sub assemblies first. Just don't want fresh painted body ready to go and have to but bunch of stuff.
MSRacing89.

Here is his car:
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1203phr-1968-dodge-charger/

Derwud

Quote from: NitroNeal on April 16, 2016, 07:58:23 AM
Quote from: garner7555 on April 15, 2016, 10:23:03 PM

Looking @ Jegs last night, they were showing 5/17 as ship date.

Bergman gave me a 3 week ETA this week. Borgenson is moving from CT to NC, so that is why the delay..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

MSRacing89

WOW, did this thread go around the world. I started it looking for some input from somebody actually owning and driving  a complete QA1 setup hopefully with the borgeson box. Haven't really seen that yet. Got lots of opinions, even got a WTF from one guy. Guess I just need to get mine  together and report back.

I understand......very difficult to get many straight answers in the Mopar community, only a handful of guys that have even turned left and right in the country at speed.  Bottom line is, everything you are planning on doing is a good move.  You will enjoy it even if the thing never hits the track.  PM if have any questions or need any pointers.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

NitroNeal

I understand......very difficult to get many straight answers in the Mopar community, only a handful of guys that have even turned left and right in the country at speed.  Bottom line is, everything you are planning on doing is a good move.  You will enjoy it even if the thing never hits the track.  PM if have any questions or need any pointers.
Thanks man, Pulled the trigger and ordered box from Jegs. They gave me 5/18 ship date, drop ship from manufacturer.

garner7555

My estimated ship date for the Boreson box went from 4/1 to 5/18 but I was pleasantly surprised when it shipped out yesterday and arrived today.  :yesnod:  Haven't had time to look it over or install yet, but I am happy that it's here!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

myk

Quote from: garner7555 on April 22, 2016, 10:01:47 PM
My estimated ship date for the Boreson box went from 4/1 to 5/18 but I was pleasantly surprised when it shipped out yesterday and arrived today.  :yesnod:  Haven't had time to look it over or install yet, but I am happy that it's here!   :2thumbs:

Time to break out the credit card again...

NitroNeal

What size pitman shaft did you get?

garner7555

Quote from: NitroNeal on April 24, 2016, 11:21:18 PM

I got the small shaft version, like would have been factory on my 69.   I ordered it back in Feb. or March.    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

NitroNeal

Quote from: garner7555 on April 25, 2016, 06:07:16 AM
Quote from: NitroNeal on April 24, 2016, 11:21:18 PM

I got the small shaft version, like would have been factory on my 69.   I ordered it back in Feb. or March.    :2thumbs:

Thanks, I'm replacing everything and using the bigger tie rod ends so I went with the bigger shaft.

1974dodgecharger

Good read  :icon_smile_big: I want it because my front hole on that idler arm what ever that front torsi9n bar is actually welded on because its been wallored out, lol....I dont see an ulissue with headers.....so I didn't understand more room when stock is fine.  Oil chwnges now will be a breeze, lol....other that....I needed a new k member anyways.....

NitroNeal

WOW, steering box just showed up! Original date was supposed to be 4/18. Maybe  they got their move done and are up to speed. Glad I'm gathering parts ahead of time. Any one find a good deal on the large diameter Pitman arm?

RIDELIKEHELL

Anyone install a power rack and pinion on the QA1 K? I see you would have to notch the cross tube but it can be done
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73