News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE ON 318 ENGINE WOULD VIN# BE?

Started by ALBSURE1091, March 16, 2016, 10:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALBSURE1091

Have a 69 Charger 318 car. Was told it was original engine. Where on block would the vin# be? Found MFG date on psgr side of Jan 69 so I know it's a 69 block at least. Driver side has 8 digit # & 318.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

polywideblock

A:   pass side down on the pan rail , it will be the last 8 digits of your vin

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

69CoronetRT

Quote from: polywideblock on March 16, 2016, 11:50:21 AM
  A:   pass side down on the pan rail , it will be the last 8 digits of your vin

On an early built 69 model (Aug to ~ Jan), it could be the full VIN.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ACUDANUT

Just my experience, a numbers matching 318 does nothing to the value of the car.  If it's not the original engine, don't sweat it one tiny bit.
Nice Car btw.  :cheers:

ALBSURE1091

I know a 318 car is not the desired engine. But when it's all original with 50k on it and everything works including the a/c I'd like to keep it all original until the time comes to change it.
Thanks for the help everyone.

71ChargerMike

Would I find the vin in the same location on a 318 in '71?

polywideblock

yes   :yesnod:  will be the last 8 digits of vin     

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE