News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Lines

Started by slumbers, March 15, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slumbers

Hi Gentlemen .

I have 2 fuel lines from my Fuel tank on my 68 Charger R/T to the engine . One is 3/8" and the other 5/16"  . I assume the the larger is the Fuel Feed line to the

pump  and the other a return ?

Where would the return connect to at the engine compartment ?

I will be fitting a Holley 750 carburettor does that have a provision for this or am I missing something ?

Thanks Dave

BLK 68 R/T

The smaller line connects to a fuel vapor separator which mounts just above the fuel pump on the 440/Hemi cars as they are the only ones that received it.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=440+mopar+fuel+vapor+separator&id=C0271A819D6812BFD7D0ED212B81618D2CF7657D&FORM=IQFRBA

b5blue

Check your gas tanks fuel pickup/gauge sending unit. (By the axle.) Be certain that both connecting hoses are in good condition and the ground strap is still there.  :2thumbs:

303 Mopar

If you are not doing a concurs resto, a cheaper and easier option is to get a dual line fuel filter. 
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

slumbers

Thanks for the info !

Will be replacing all the hoses as they are perished , I hav'nt seen a Ground Strap ?

Is this to earth the pipework to the tank ?

b5blue

A steel strap with clips on each end, goes from fuel line to sender's fuel nipple. (Passed the rubber hose.)

slumbers

Thanks for all the info I found some pictures of the Earth strap on Google . I will probably go down the duel filter route  ;)

Tally Ho from the UK !!   :cheers: