News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Setting up Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers

Started by Chargerguy74, March 10, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerguy74

Well I figured I'd shoot for the standard 1-2 threads of adjuster sticking out from the rocker arm body like a normal ball adjuster. Doing that I think would not allow any oil to make it to the pushrod, because the oil band of the adjuster would be too low. Apparently, these adjusters should be set so that the oil band is in "mid position"??? The oil hole in the rocker is quite high, I feel no threads should be showing if done properly, but the instructions don't touch on any of this. Called comp and the tech said 1-2 threads, no different than any other rocker. How do you guys have yours set up? The cup close to being backed into the rocker body? My application is for a solid mechanical cam.

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

BSB67

Make some measurements and make sure that the oil hole in the rocker is at least partially in the adjuster groove.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

heyoldguy

Screw the adjuster all the way up into the body until it stops, turn it out 1-1/2 turns, no threads will be showing, measure for pushrod length.

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Chargerguy74

What I found by blowing through the oil passage was at 2 full turns off the rocker body I could no longer blow air through the adjuster. So I'm thinking 1 full turn with 0.005" lash (leaving room for my aluminum heads to grow when at operating temp) should be okay.