News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Belt setup Chrysler 440

Started by Shlep 68, March 03, 2016, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shlep 68

Hello I have Chrysler 440 with ac and I am wondering how my belts line up as I have a two groove alternator 4 groove crank pulley one groove on the fan and an idler pulley I can't find a pic like my motor thx

Shlep 68

Charger_Fan

I don't have a pic for you, but you shouldn't need one really. Just eyeball from the side, along the pulley grooves.
Just make sure you get a matched set of belts for the A/C, so you don't have one squealing.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shlep 68

I think I have it routed correctly but I have two belts for air compressor can I just use one belt being in not using the air just the pulley thx again

crj1968

it should be the back two grooves on the crank for the A/C belts and they go to the alternator as well.
next forward PS
front groove fan and idler, I think.......one momento...

Like this?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Shlep 68 on March 04, 2016, 12:48:24 AM
I think I have it routed correctly but I have two belts for air compressor can I just use one belt being in not using the air just the pulley thx again
Yes, if your A/C compressor is just along for the ride, you could use one belt. The reason it uses two is because the compressor uses a lot of power to turn it & it makes a single belt slip and squeal.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shlep 68

John_Kunkel

And a single belts saves the hassle of trying to find two matched belts.  :yesnod:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.