News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Single plane vs dual with Fuel injection

Started by flyinlow, March 01, 2016, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

I was thinking about FItech throttle body injection. I am running a Performer RPM  with a 780VS Quick fuel carb now. (mild build 446 ,edey heads, headers) I also have a Holley Street Dominator intake with a thermoquad. The SD seamed to make more top end power (butt-o meter) The RPM idles a little smoother . This could be the four corner idle too.  :shruggy:

Question; Which intake would be better with throttle body fuel injection?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RCCDrew

flyinlow

Wow . Thanks for the link. I was leaning toward the single plane SD. intake.  More top end. It is a lower intake ,better clearance.  I showed both the SD and the RPM to my wife and told her to chose one. The SD (chicks dig it factor)

Wonder what was up with the dual plane not running right. They sell these as bolt on carb replacements?

cdr

it is a fuel a distribution problem with the dual plane.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Derwud

There people that have run both and they both seem to work with FiTech. I would run which ever manifold fits your needs. With that said, I have a RPM and M1 to see which will work best for me.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

myk

Christ man, am I the only one not using the Fitech system lol...

Troy

I'd say for TB injection you'd want the same intake as a carb since fuel is still flowing through it. For most people this is a dual plane. The Edelbrock Performer RPM is pretty much the standard these days. The SD used to be one of the most recommended intakes plus it's a little shorter. Single plane intakes seem popular for port injection because they only have to flow air.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

flyinlow

Quote from: Troy on March 03, 2016, 12:03:48 PM
I'd say for TB injection you'd want the same intake as a carb since fuel is still flowing through it. For most people this is a dual plane. The Edelbrock Performer RPM is pretty much the standard these days. The SD used to be one of the most recommended intakes plus it's a little shorter. Single plane intakes seem popular for port injection because they only have to flow air.

Troy

:scratchchin:  Sounds logical.

The RPM intake I thought was a good match for the Hedman 1 .75" headers (peak torque 3500-4000 rpm), that was  a plus and it is already installed. I will probably start with it ,knowing there are no vacuum leaks and runs well. This would reduce the variables if it does not run right.

The SD with the shorter straighter runners looks cleaner and faster.

68CoronetRT

Waiting patiently for the Holley Sniper kit to come out....  :yesnod:

c00nhunterjoe

The rpm should have better low end, better idle quality, better vaccum amd better throttle response the the holley sd. IF your engine has big heads and is capable of power at high rpms (6500-7500) the sd will make more top end, but for a street car the rpm should be the better choice.

flyinlow

Stock Edelbrock heads and the rev limiter is set at 6100 rpm. Car has OD so the engine spends most of it's time putting along at 2000 rpm.