News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More FiTech Questions

Started by flyinlow, March 04, 2016, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Does putting the coolant temp sensor in the waterpump housing work OK?

Do holley style drop base air cleaners fit ?

Do you need anything more than a basic carb gasket under it?   I run a 3/8  spacer and a heat shield , but the 4x14 drop base air cleaner is almost touching the bulge hood.

TexasStroker

While I can't answer your questions with 100% confirmation regarding the FiTech unit, I can add to the list...right?  I am assuming we are at similar points and about to jump on, but here are a few things I'm wondering that you might be interested in as well:

Does the handheld controller have to be plugged in at all times?
-The included mount would be great for monitoring vitals, tweaking settings, and testing again...but I would prefer a more stealth appearance.  If it is an "always-on" it might require a hidden mount.

Is there a pass thru for the A/F?
-I'll eventually have auxiliary gauges mounted and A/F will be one...wasn't sure if there was a way to split the reading, or if a stand alone 2nd sensor will be required.

For those with decent run time on the system...has there been a change in the smell of the car?  I saw a few A-Body guys raving about less of an odor and how happy their significant others were and wondered if it was really that noticeable.

Sorry for tacking on, but it makes more sense than creating my own thread. 

That said, I would imagine the factory location would be fine for the temp sensor...you might have to bush down though.  I think I've read somewhere about a guy having a typical drop base clear it.  Basic gasket is fine and I think they include one...Also, if you missed it they have a Spring Rebate via the manufacturer!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

John_Kunkel

Coolant sensor will work in any location that is exposed to coolant flow headed to the thermostat.

Took my drop-base AC off of the Holley and popped it right on the FI Tech.

The controller need not be plugged in all the time, I ran the extension wires inside and coiled them up behind the dash...easy to access when I want to plug in the controller.

I doubt if a single oxygen sensor would drive more than one device.

Haven't noticed a change in odor (exhaust I presume?)

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 05, 2016, 02:38:23 PM

Coolant sensor will work in any location that is exposed to coolant flow headed to the thermostat. On A BB the water pump housing is the preferred position.

Took my drop-base AC off of the Holley and popped it right on the FI Tech.

The controller need not be plugged in all the time, I ran the extension wires inside and coiled them up behind the dash...easy to access when I want to plug in the controller.

I doubt if a single oxygen sensor would drive more than one device.

Haven't noticed a change in odor (exhaust I presume?)

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TexasStroker

Thanks for the feedback!  I am glad the controller isn't subject to an always-on requirement.

How are you liking the kit overall?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!