News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-2 versus 73-4 Charger bumper brackets - getting back to the clean look

Started by odcics2, February 19, 2016, 04:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Will the early 71-2 brackets on a 73-4 get the bumpers back to the body without any unseen issues?

I think the back works without any issues.

Will the front be ok, or did they change the 73-4 fenders up front?

thanks.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ralley72

Quote from: odcics2 on February 19, 2016, 04:16:19 PM
Will the early 71-2 brackets on a 73-4 get the bumpers back to the body without any unseen issues?

I think the back works without any issues.

Will the front be ok, or did they change the 73-4 fenders up front?

thanks.
Sure would on the rears without issues. The front are more difficult. The layout of the bolt holes to the frame are different,brackets are different, may have issues with the headlight bucket clearance also.
I got the bright idea to do the same thing on my 73 RR for the rears. big difference on the brackets from 71-2 to 73-4's. couldn't make them work any way I tied.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Nacho-RT74

Will need enlarge the Y front bracket holes to frane rails to set them closer.

A small job to the end of frame rails is good too... Somebody posted pics of this on 3rd gen board
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 20, 2016, 06:34:13 PM
Will need enlarge the Y front bracket holes to frane rails to set them closer.

A small job to the end of frame rails is good too... Somebody posted pics of this on 3rd gen board
[/quote

Exactly what I did to my Y brackets. Elongated the holes and tucked the front bumper in. No issues other than that.
]

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?