News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rolling Coal - Does anyone actually do this?

Started by 440, February 19, 2016, 07:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone here intentionally roll coal with their diesel? I only came across the "political statement" the other day which stirred mixed emotions. I can see some instances where the big middle finger would be justified but rolling coal on cyclists and pedestrians etc on the street just for fun is a bit uncool.

A couple of buddies of mine in the late 90's/ early 2000's were big into diesels when they really started pushing big power. They would roll coal but not purposely, I know I was amazed by the get up and go on the highway in a big dually and would give most things a run for their money.

myk

Rolling coal is narcissistic, self centered and completely without value, not to mention inconsiderate to people who just happened to be close by, but these days?  People are more worried about stroking their egos and feeding their pride and desire to show off and make a statement, than worry about how their words and actions might affect the world around them. 

Does anyone who rolls coal actually think they're going to change the minds and hearts of others?  Logic would dictate no, so unless a diesel driver is a complete moron then they should know that already, but again, they're too busy trying to showboat and stroke their vanity to care or think otherwise.  If rolling coal is a way for diesel drivers to give the finger, well then I say F you right back.  I don't care about your vehicle, how fast it is, how cool you think you are, how many gay men you picked up in it, etc....

fizz

lukedukem

i was a diesel owner, still am just trying to sell it, and i made sure my truck didn't roll coal. it still does when you punch it to get on the freeway, but its very little. you really have to look for it. i cant stand these guys who purposely do that. gives other diesel owner bad wrap.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

FanboySansCharger

I look at it kind of like the guys who open carry a large rifle with full tactical gear and then grab a bullhorn screaming, "muh right! muh right!."  Yes, it is your right and I wouldn't take it away from you....but that's me.  That kind of boisterous behavior turns off the folks who are on the fence about something and gives the Antis ammo to use against you with representatives in any given legislative body.  To keep rights, they have to be exercised, but they have to be exercised responsibly or they'll be gone just as quick as if they had never been used at all.  Rolling coal forces pedestrians/cyclists to inhale a large amount of carcinogens and can blind drivers in the road who have to pass through the lingering cloud you just left.  That sort of thing is best left on the drag strip and at truck pulls, just like your bang stick is best left at the range or home.  Carry (drive) smartly, concealed (tuned down or with a lighter foot), and you'll get to keep your right (privilege) a whole lot longer with a whole lot less grief. :2thumbs:

crj1968

Quote from: fizz on February 19, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
They are like a burnout

No way man. Burnouts are cool.....but shouldn't be done at a stoplight in traffic. 

RallyeMike

If yer that big of an ass, your rig better be faster than a bullet.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

John_Kunkel

Quote from: fizz on February 19, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
They are like a burnout

No, burnouts are dumber than rolling coal...kinda in the same league as throttle blipping Harley riders.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Patronus

Im surprised they haven't bred themselves extinct yet.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68X426

Seems to me that rolling coal is a form of vandalism.  So if someone likes vandalism, then they should like it too.  Neither is actually too painful or harmful, easy enough to clean up, not the worst property (air) damage possible, but just stupid and ugly.

Around here them folks are called diesel dicks.

Of course we have our share of prius pricks, so they are made for each other.

:Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ws23rt

Rolling coal is a term that is new to me. :shruggy:  I am old and trying to keep up. :eek2:

So it's not much different than dick measuring? :shruggy:

I agree with John---It's like some Harley riders that rap the throttle to let everyone in the county know they are awake. :lol:

What is funny to me is they are making fools of themselves to everyone other than those that are with them. If they are alone it is just that much more pathetic. It's also a form of road rage by it's provocative nature.---Boys stumbling to be men--- :Twocents:

It's even worse when they think they're bad ass and the Harley is missing, back firing and downright running shitty. I'd wonder what would happen when some punk rolls coal on a Hells Angel?

66FBCharger

If you have ever been to the Heath Super Cruise at the Mopar Nats, you have seen many people roll coal. I have been sitting enjoying the cars cruising when someone spins the tires and rolls coal that goes all over the crowd spectating.
I'm not a fan of it and I think it is dumb.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

tan top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09BZ6ikBZ54                long video , just watch the first minute  no  point after that  , at 43 seconds  really    sums up the coal roller mob                                  :image_294343:  :yesnod:  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dino

How the hell can anyone be an anti-environmentalist?  That's the dumbest thing ever. What exactly is the point of destroying the place you live in? Mind boggling how stupid people can be.

I'm a peaceful guy, most of the time, but if some douche tried to smoke me like that I'll shoot him.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

crj1968

Quote from: Dino on February 24, 2016, 04:54:41 PM

I'm a peaceful guy, most of the time, but if some douche tried to smoke me like that I'll shoot him.

ah man, I dont know why but that cracked me up.   :lol:

"I'm a peaceful guy but I'll kill you."    :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Quote from: crj1968 on February 24, 2016, 06:12:09 PM

Hence "most of the time".   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

c00nhunterjoe

Ive had several diesels, all 7.3 powerstrokes. I set them up for max performance, not max smoke. Mi e would puff, then light haze of black. Anymore was just a waste of fuel and high egts.

Here is my old truck. 8 inchs of lift and 38" super swampers. Would spin them on dry pavement on command. Loved that truck.
https://youtu.be/Qq1t7b6J3Sk
https://youtu.be/AVkw1xNZA0c

crj1968

Quote from: Dino on February 24, 2016, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: crj1968 on February 24, 2016, 06:12:09 PM

Hence "most of the time".   :icon_smile_big:

Ah, yes I missed that part.      :icon_smile_big:  :cheers:

fizz

Um, I just saw jay Leno doing a burnout on a public street in a charger. :o

Mytur Binsdirti

I found the guy who stuck his face in the exhaust....

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow