News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ryan C. 69 Charger Resto

Started by Ryan.C, February 15, 2016, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I used big washers to cover the big existing holes in the valance and drilled new holes in the spoiler. I initially had the long mounting rod between the center of the spoiler and the bolt on the bottom of the k frame by flattening on end of the rod, but once I hit a curb kinda hard it bent the rod so now I just use 4 bolts holding it to the valance. It's light and I'd rather just the spoiler break if I hit something than bust anything else
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

garner7555

I like the V21 test bags!   :smilielol:    :smilielol:    :2thumbs:     :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ryan.C

Quote from: garner7555 on March 05, 2017, 09:16:29 PM
I like the V21 test bags!   :smilielol:    :smilielol:    :2thumbs:     :yesnod:

Yeah I just grabbed whatever was black so I can see how it looks. I am certain I do not want to go that route on this car. Not that I do not think that on the right car it looks sweet just not this one.  :Twocents:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Ryan.C

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 05, 2017, 05:27:29 AM
More of an issue to me is WHY it happened. I could understand chipping the paint right under the turn signal, where it contacted the paint, but to lift off a piece like that hints at poor paint adhesion or prep. The ripple in the paint/primer near the edge of where you removed the green paint clearly shows poor adhesion. Does perhaps not bode well for paint life or chip /peel resistance. :shruggy:

The turn signal housing went in VERY tight. I should have stopped the moment I realized the opening was too small but since it was almost seated I figured whats the big deal.  :brickwall:  I do not believe it to be an adhesion issue.

Ryan.C

I need some recommendations guys:

1st, where do I score a 1969 Charger R/T grill emblem?

2nd, can someone point me towards a reputable vendor for a quality dash pad please.

-Thanks much