News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ryan C. 69 Charger Resto

Started by Ryan.C, February 15, 2016, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

A buddy of mine just transferred here from the great state of Texas (God Bless) and built me this bracket so I can run the O.E. Viper master CYL on my trans. I think it turned out great, just needs a little paint.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Ryan.C

Wow I have not posted on this thread in quite a while.

I did finally get the brake system working correctly. The 2012 ford mustang 13.2 inch rotors with factory calipers did not fit my 17 inch wheels. Luckily the mustang calipers have plenty of meat on them and only required an 1/8 inch or so of clearance to fit my wheels. I bleed the system and everything appears to be functioning correctly.  :2thumbs:

Ryan.C

Just today I fitted the grill I restored using several threads on this site as reference. I think it turned out ok. The biggest pain was getting the goodmark trim for the grill to fit like it should. Lots of bending a twisting involved.

Ryan.C

A few weeks back I restored the guage cluster. I did the guages in white because I find it much easier to read and it looks better.  :Twocents:

Baldwinvette77

Dino

Awesome!   :2thumbs:

Ryan would you be able to get your hands on a blueprint for that Viper master cylinder bracket? It won't be anytime soon but eventually I'd like to do the same. Does it bolt to the stock location?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

darbgnik

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 07:36:19 PM
A few weeks back I restored the guage cluster. I did the guages in white because I find it much easier to read and it looks better.  :Twocents:

You did the gauges yourself? Just a clean up? Or you went deep?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Ryan.C

Quote from: darbgnik on February 19, 2017, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

You did the gauges yourself? Just a clean up? Or you went deep?

All of the gauges worked before I took the car apart. So I refaced them and re-installed with the exception of the tach which is aftermarket.

Ryan.C

Quote from: Dino on February 19, 2017, 08:15:18 PM

Ryan would you be able to get your hands on a blueprint for that Viper master cylinder bracket? It won't be anytime soon but eventually I'd like to do the same. Does it bolt to the stock location?

I can take as many pics and measurements as you need. But no blueprint. Hell when it comes time to do yours I could just pull mine off and make another for you. Its not that involved.

Ryan.C

Quote from: redmist on February 19, 2017, 08:50:30 PM
Looks Awesome!!!

Wooooo!!

Thanks. I will be hitting you up for a jakefab fuel injection puck before I move.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 08:58:47 PM

I can take as many pics and measurements as you need. But no blueprint. Hell when it comes time to do yours I could just pull mine off and make another for you. Its not that involved.

I'll have to ship you a few beers for that!   :cheers:

Some pics and/or measurements would be great. I'll get back to you when I get on this. Current plan is finishing the car with the hydroboost brakes, EFI, and all my electrical upgrades. Then drive the car and fine tune everything. Then the winter following I'll install the T-56. I'd love to do it all at oncebut I want to drive this thing a bit first. I have a new cam in there I'm dying to try!

Ryan.C

Quote from: Dino on February 19, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

I get it, I would like to drive mine as well (after many years of working on it).

If you live close to Wisconsin only  a sixer of spotted cow will suffice as payment.  :nana:

Some pics and/or measurements would be great. I'll get back to you when I get on this. Current plan is finishing the car with the hydroboost brakes, EFI, and all my electrical upgrades. Then drive the car and fine tune everything. Then the winter following I'll install the T-56. I'd love to do it all at oncebut I want to drive this thing a bit first. I have a new cam in there I'm dying to try!

Dino

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 19, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

I get it, I would like to drive mine as well (after many years of working on it).

If you live close to Wisconsin only  a sixer of spotted cow will suffice as payment.  :nana:

SE Michigan so not super far. When I need an excuse to stretch the Charger's legs I'll get you some spotted cows.   :2thumbs:

garner7555

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 07:25:06 PM

I did finally get the brake system working correctly. The 2012 ford mustang 13.2 inch rotors with factory calipers did not fit my 17 inch wheels. Luckily the mustang calipers have plenty of meat on them and only required an 1/8 inch or so of clearance to fit my wheels. I bleed the system and everything appears to be functioning correctly.  :2thumbs:

What master cylinder and booster setup are you using?
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ryan.C

Quote from: garner7555 on February 19, 2017, 10:24:49 PM

I am running a pirate jacks reproduction bendix booster ($300) only because I had initially planned on returning to stock. As far as the master it is a Dr. Diff master with adapter plate. Give him a call, he is a wealth of info and a great guy to do business with.

garner7555

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 19, 2017, 10:42:59 PM

I am running a pirate jacks reproduction bendix booster ($300) only because I had initially planned on returning to stock. As far as the master it is a Dr. Diff master with adapter plate. Give him a call, he is a wealth of info and a great guy to do business with.

I actually already have a master and booster, I was just curious what bore size master you were using since you are also using mustang brakes.    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

crj1968

It's coming together nicely Ryan.....can't wait to see you roll up my driveway in it.   :coolgleamA:

Um what is the car your gauges are sitting on? Super-bee?

Dino

Quote from: crj1968 on February 20, 2017, 07:15:24 AM
It's coming together nicely Ryan.....can't wait to see you roll up my driveway in it.   :coolgleamA:

I think it's a toolbox.

lukedukem

I have to same Master Cylinder and i had leaking issues with the caps, i asked dr. diff, he recommended i buy some new ones that dorman carries. it stopped for a while, but its back. i was wondering if you had issues yet, or if you haven't used them at all yet. be careful, it might leak. i'm not sure if the booster is putting to much pressure on the caps causing them to leak. i cant figure it out. its not bad just wet under cap

Email Reply: If it leaks when the fluid level is 1/4" below the rim of the reservoir, try a couple Dorman # 42044 master cylinder caps. 

These fit tighter than the originals.

Thanks,

Cass

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

crj1968

Quote from: Dino on February 20, 2017, 10:51:16 AM
Quote from: crj1968 on February 20, 2017, 07:15:24 AM

I think it's a toolbox.

Oh...yeah wow.....I need more sleep.

Ryan.C

I will keep an eye on the caps, thanks for the tip. And no I have not used the master other than to ensure I have pressure at all four corners and no leaks. The car currently has no driveshaft so I am unable to test drive at the moment. I plan to remedy that pretty quick.

Ryan.C

Quote from: garner7555 on February 20, 2017, 06:47:22 AM

I forget what bore size it is. Dr. Diff recommended I go with the same size master that he offers in his "cobra style 13 in front kit".

I actually already have a master and booster, I was just curious what bore size master you were using since you are also using mustang brakes.    :2thumbs:

crj1968

Hey Ryan, remember that time you asked me if you could drive my Charger?     :icon_smile_big:

Ryan.C

Quote from: crj1968 on February 20, 2017, 01:58:34 PM
Hey Ryan, remember that time you asked me if you could drive my Charger?     :icon_smile_big:

sure do......what are you getting at  :smilielol: