News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ryan C. 69 Charger Resto

Started by Ryan.C, February 15, 2016, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

Quote from: keepat on February 24, 2016, 06:40:25 PM
wheels look great, what size tires and wheel BS?
Thanks
Pat

These are MB old school wheels with NITTO NT 555 tires. The fronts are a 17X8, 4.5 inch back space with 245/45R17 tires. The rears are 17X9.5, 5.5 inch back space with 285/40R17. Cool thing about these tires is they are a W speed rating (168 mph). Most BF Goodrich tires I see on muscle cars are S rated (112 mph).  

Thanks Dino for helping me out with the wheel specs before I ordered them.  :2thumbs:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Dino

My pleasure!   :cheers:

You'll like those tires, I've put a lot of miles on mine and not just on summer days. These work very nicely in wet and in freezing cold conditions.   :yesnod:

I can't wait to see the rear tires. It'll look completely different from mine.

Looking at that picture I think I may need to clean my wheels a bit.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GT

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

redmist

At this pace, you are going to have your's done before I even get mine done from "Winter Upgrades."
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Ryan.C

Quote from: redmist on February 25, 2016, 12:06:27 AM
At this pace, you are going to have your's done before I even get mine done from "Winter Upgrades."

HA, not likely. My clutch does not show up until next week at the earliest. I wanted to have the drivetrain installed and the cam broke-in this weekend. Not gonna happen though. The biggest hold-up with this build is waiting on parts! 

BTW anybody have any recommendations on a rear disc brake set-up? Willwood? or others?

Charger_Fan

First off Ryan C., thank you for your service! :patriot: I mean it! It would be my pleasure to shake your hand one day.

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 16, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
Posting these pics takes forever by the way. It seems I always get "file is too large" or "that file name already exists" error messages.
Quote from: out there on February 16, 2016, 12:34:00 PM
Sweet car! Looking forward to seeing more.  I have twice deleted my posts after trying to post pictures four and five times after I re sized them. Very frustrating and time consuming. There is a glitch in the system no doubt
I see this more & more these days...and can only assume it's because you youngsters are mainly using smart phones for camera duties? Do those damn POS widget things not have the ability to take pics in smaller file sizes? I mean 640x480 is a decent size for most forums in this decade, we don't need 6,000x4,000 sizes, pics that size are generally considered an invasion of privacy on this forum. :lol: Besides, we don't wanna see Uranus from Pluto, if you catch my drift.  :icon_smile_big: My old-ish digital camera came with software to allow me to configure the photos to the size I wanted.

Anyhoo, nice work (and friggin' FAST) on your Charger, keep those cool pics coming!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

firefighter3931

You're doing a fantastic job Ryan....keep up the great work !  :2thumbs:

I really dig that shade of green  :bow:  :drool5: 

My buddy Kevin painted his 68 Coronet R/T the same color and it looks spectacular in the sunlight  :coolgleamA:

Here's a couple pics of the Green Monster going down the track  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ryan.C

Thanks for the comments guys.  :2thumbs:

The rear wheels and tires came in this morning. The new leaf springs sit a little on the high side for my taste. I hope/think they will settle a bit after I drive it a few miles. My garage is a mess at the moment but here are a few pics with the new shoes.

Dino

Looking good!

Those leaf springs are pretty arched! I hear that they do sag a bit. It looks much higher that what it's supposed to be.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ryan.C

Quote from: Dino on February 25, 2016, 01:42:16 PM
Looking good!

Those leaf springs are pretty arched! I hear that they do sag a bit. It looks much higher that what it's supposed to be.

Agreed. If they dont settle I will have to install a lowering block.

crj1968

looks good- coming together nicely !

Charger_Fan

Just put an engine block in the trunk, that will help squat it. ;D

Nice choice on the rims too, they look schweet!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

garner7555

When you get the drive train and interior installed that will help it to sit a tad lower.    :yesnod:    Car looks awesome!    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ryan.C

I finally got the correct clutch last night. And I was able to instal the engine and trans today. I had to put an extreme tilt on the engine to get that long six speed gearbox to clear!

keepat

Awesome! Are you using hydraulic or mechanical clutch?
Pat

Ryan.C

Quote from: keepat on February 26, 2016, 07:27:06 PM
Awesome! Are you using hydraulic or mechanical clutch?
Pat

The plan is to use as much of the stock viper stuff as I can get away with. I had the salvage yard I got the trans from include the slave cyl, master cyl, hydraulic line and reservoir. I will definitely have to extend the master cyl push rod and fab up a firewall mount.

BTW you have a stellar build going on!!! I check in on it whenever I get a notification.  :2thumbs:

out there

Ryan.C

I lowered the rear of the car a good 1 1/2-2 inches. I ended up welding up the holes in front leaf spring mount.  And using an old one as a template drilled new holes so I can flip the thing over and install the mount upside down. I painted the mounts black before I re-installed them. Best part, I did not have to buy a thing!

garner7555

Car sure is looking good!   :yesnod:    :2thumbs:   Any updates?
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ryan.C

Quote from: garner7555 on May 17, 2016, 06:11:31 AM
Car sure is looking good!   :yesnod:    :2thumbs:   Any updates?

I have not done a thing to the car in two months! I got orders sending me to Ohio a while back, then last week the Army revoked them keeping me in Idaho. I don't know what these guys are doing. I guess that's why the old school veterans say military intelligence is a oxymoron. Any way I am ordering parts and should make some progress in the near future........ I hope.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

moparnation74

The color is amazing  :drool5:

Also love the wheels :2thumbs:

Great work!

brad mcintyre

Ryan.C

I finally installed my Dr. Diff 11.7 in rear disk brake swap over the weekend. I also have a set of invincibleextrems(DC.com member) front mustang brake swap adapter brackets installed and waiting on 13.2in rotors and calipers to show up! Stand-by.