News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who to use for rebuilding bendix disc brake boosters?

Started by resq302, February 12, 2016, 12:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

My chargers power disc bendix brake booster started leaking / hissing towards the end of last season occasionally when I stepped on the brakes hard. Is there anyone in particular I should stay away from? Some better than others?

While it is out, I'm considering redoing the master cylinder also just so I don't need to worry about it leaking onto the freshly redone booster. I've heard people can have the cylinders sleeved with either brass or stainless to prevent corrosion inside the bore which would end up damaging the seals and causing a leak. Is one material better than the other with DOT 3/4 brake fluid?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mopar Nut

I would say Booster Dewey for rebuilding your booster, he did an excellent job on mine.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

resq302

Dewey and I had it out last time when I called him up for rebuilding a booster.  I'd prefer to use someone else if its possible.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mopar Nut

Check Kim at Passion4Mopars.com, her or husband might be doing them now. Kim did an excellent job of rebuilding my wiper motor. I don't think Ram Man rebuilds them, I know he sell repop ones, might ask though.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

resq302

Id like to keep my original as its the dated and number matching one to the car.  Passion is down in FL I think, right?
Brian

Mopar Nut

Quote from: resq302 on February 12, 2016, 03:29:38 AM
Id like to keep my original as its the dated and number matching one to the car.  Passion is down in FL I think, right?
Yes

resq302

ok thanks.  Do you know if they sleeve master cylinders or not?  Would it be beneficial to sleeve my master cyl since I'll have the booster and the master cylinder off the car?
Brian

Mopar Nut

resq302

Brian

Lennard

Ram man does rebuild bendix boosters. I bought one from him years ago.

jaak

I sent mine to Prior Brake in Texas. Cost $115 with return shipping (That was several years ago, may have went up since then). They clean, sandblasted and rebuilt the booster. It came back to me bare, I had to paint it myself.

http://priorautomotive.com.c1.previewmysite.com/about.htm